Dundee United 2017/2018

I'm pretty pleased with Fyvie. One thing you can say about McKinnon and Taylor, they are certainly signing in areas we definitely need to strengthen plus the type of player we have signed so far is something I feel positive about. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Fyvie can be very good in the role he plays. If he's having a shite game though he'll end up giving the ball away every five minutes. He also never scores or assists. 

think he had one forward pass in 3 years and Stevenson volleyed it home at Ibrox

Fyvie to me is one of those players that looks good because he runs about a lot, but taking in his passing, shooting and tackling, he isn't....flatters to deceive....

Interesting to see the contract length, reports had him turning down a 3yr contract at Hibs

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Fyvie to me is one of those players that looks good because he runs about a lot, but taking in his passing, shooting and tackling, he isn't....flatters to deceive....

Interesting to see the contract length, reports had him turning down a 3yr contract at Hibs

His tackling and passing are his strong points, strange post.

2 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

If we are talking about meaningless sidway and backward passes then yes, otherwise his passing is honking.

I wouldn't say his passing is meaningless, his role for us was picking the ball up from the defence and moving it on. When he didn't play the ball nearly always went long. Fucking brutal to watch. 

Will be 2 year deal, everyone we have signed has got that so far

1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

His tackling and passing are his strong points, strange post.

Couldn't pass water or tackle a fish supper.....

Did yous not offer him a reduced term contract....."speaks volumes" considering he's not in his late 30s

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Couldn't pass water or tackle a fish supper.....

Did yous not offer him a reduced term contract....."speaks volumes" considering he's not in his late 30s

No we did not, we offered him improved terms and a 3 year deal. He took his time signing and by the time he made up his mind we had moved on. 

He'd walk into the Falkirk team, if you could afford him.

No we did not, we offered him improved terms and a 3 year deal. He took his time signing and by the time he made up his mind we had moved on. 

Isn't exactly going to run in to it.

Championship is his level.

3 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Sounds like Hibs couldn't afford him....

Very pleased with that. Fyvie's a player I've always admired. Didn't think we'd have much chance getting him ahead of Premiership clubs.

He and Flood should be an excellent pairing. Very solid. Not worried about the suggestion that they won't pass forward. Willo's perfectly happy to go forwards and, in any event, the key is having forward players making good runs and taking up proper positions.

3 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Aye that's what it sounds like :lol: 

Fyvie would be your best CM if he was at Falkirk. 

A midfielder who can run about a lot, can't pass, can't tackle, can't shoot.....

If only the game mattered how much you can run about a lot, we don't have one of them fair enough but the ball is more important.

Just now, MrDust said:

A midfielder who can run about a lot, can't pass, can't tackle, can't shoot.....

If only the game mattered how much you can run about a lot, we don't have one of them fair enough but the ball is more important.

That's your opinion of him but it's wrong. I've seen him play a lot more than you, he's done it on the biggest stage. Tommy Tackle Kerr and McKee ffs :lol:

Falkirk fans seem to be panicking here, United making some really good signings. The playoffs again, lads.

Archived