Dundee United 2017/2018

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

Signing Paul McMullan when you have aspirations of the title is strange enough, then you make it a total minter by spelling his name wrong.

We do seem to be signing mid-table players.  I hope they gel quickly and that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The DA said:

We do seem to be signing mid-table players.  I hope they gel quickly and that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

Keatings isn't exactly a mid-table Championship player

Just now, ArabianKnight said:

Not even sure who Paul McMullan is. 

Re: right back options. Is the Devlin PCS off the cards then?

Latest I've heard is that we're waiting for him to get back from holiday - that was 10 days ago mind!

Paul McMullan seems like a decent signing tbh

McMullan is a largely ineffective sand-dancer. Obviously he'd create quite a few goals by playing in a stronger team in the division but his end product is wasteful. One assist for every ten opportunities won't make him a genuinely good player.

Keatings isn't exactly a mid-table Championship player

Well he wasn't good enough to get a regular game for a Hibs team that even played Brian Graham up frony, so that suggests that he's probably a midtableish Championship player tbh. Better than McMullan though.

4 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

Neither is King nor Scobbie 

King had 1 goal and 4 assists in the league last season.  Scobbie only started 14 games in the league for St Johnstone last season, roughly 50% of their games after his return from a knee op.  Celtic have passed McMullen around the lower leagues but, if he really is a sand-dancer, he'll do OK at Tannadice.

I'm keen to see them do well but I'm reserving judgment for now.  I want Tony back.

McMullan absolutely roasted hibs at Easter road. If he can play like that more often he would be spl class. He's still only 20.
Gutted we lost out on him as now we have to play the even more ineffective cardle.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Signing Paul McMullan when you have aspirations of the title is strange enough, then you make it a total minter by spelling his name wrong.

Can't believe there has been a spelling error at United.  Pull My Strings, The DA and GPS take spelling very seriously.  If any of them have bothered to get season tickets this year I suspect they will be sending them back ;)

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Hooray! The return of Danger.

moz.jpg.0e881720d22d57f6024d8a540d771e69.jpg

Rumour has it Biggie that Granny has been recovering after over doing the celebrations in the car park at Falkirk.  Remember what Pulp once sang - Help the Aged.

1 hour ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I know when McMullan played for us we were League 1, I'm convinced he's a mid table Premier League player (at worst) in the making. Best of luck to him

Well, I'm more than willing to take the word of a poster whose name I don't even understand.

Archived