Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

Just now, The OP said:

It's not blame shifting - I can't imagine the away supporters will be lighting 40 foot bonfires with effigies of people in Celtic tops. 

You said "Linfield supporters drinking", and I can't imagine Celtic fans will refrain from one or two small libations.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

I was referring to both sets of fans. Surely swapping the legs is less hassle for fans then making people get there for lunchtime on a working day? The arseholes shouldn't be able to spoil it for the number of fans who might be very excited about playing against a far bigger side than they're used to and may be unable to attend a lunchtime game.

Apologies, I thought you were referring to travelling fans.

I'd rather a bit of awkwardness than trouble, but you are right, it is a shame that arseholes on both sides have the potential to spoil things.

Just now, Bobbyb1903 said:

Wonder if they would get the same praise from Belfast Celtic..:whistle

Do you know the real reasons they left the League?

You accused me of being like an OF fan, and here you are going back nearly 70 years..............................................

Just now, Bobbyb1903 said:

Changing it to the day before the 12th wont make a blind bit of difference, these bigoted wanks from the failed statelet will be boozing and marching all week.. Ban away fans is the only solution..

Speaking of bigoted wanks, why are you even on this thread?

32 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

You said "Linfield supporters drinking", and I can't imagine Celtic fans will refrain from one or two small libations.

As part of a longer sentence which related to fire safety and unusual wickerman style hatefests. Jaysus.

2 hours ago, The OP said:

As part of a longer sentence which related to fire safety and unusual wickerman style hatefests. Jaysus.

Oh dear. Most posters can see what you were trying to do.

Referencing the drinking as being done solely by Linfield fans, as if Shellick fans have never had to the odd tipple. Bonfires do not equate to Linfield fans solely either.

Nice try at demonization.

2 hours ago, Booker-T said:

First Linfield fan I ever knew ended up in prison as gun running for UDA

Seemed a nice guy as well

or maybe UVF.... 

That says much, much more about the company that you keep than it does about any Linfield fans. Another nice try.

If I was feeling particularly petty I could demonstrate numerous Celtic links to the IRA, but I have had too many PMs from Celtic fans today who are way above that petty level of argument, and who have expressed the wish that it all passes off without trouble, that I don't want to traduce it to the level of the petty bigot.

3 hours ago, The OP said:

It's not blame shifting - I can't imagine the away supporters will be lighting 40 foot bonfires with effigies of people in Celtic tops. 

Down our way we light our bonfire with matches. Each to their own.

47 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Oh dear. Most posters can see what you were trying to do.

Referencing the drinking as being done solely by Linfield fans, as if Shellick fans have never had to the odd tipple. Bonfires do not equate to Linfield fans solely either.

Nice try at demonization.

OK, the police will be entirely happy with all-day drinking likely being combined with street parties, effigy burning and 40 foot bonfires. 

I think someone is a little bit annoyed at being called out for reposting some drivel about how Celtic will cause most of the problems but the poor wee Linfield fans will be getting the blame.

I'd presume the vast majority of Celtic fans who will be keen to go will be into rebs, fighting and might know Belfast or people in Belfast quite well. I really wouldn't relish the prospect of an away game in an unfamiliar city where later that day effigies of Celtic fans and tricolours with KAT slogans are being burned, even if there is a good chance you'll be able to do some decent gloating during the match.

I suppose the fact most Celtic travelling supporters will know the city may mean it won't be terribly different from the average 11 July other than a few more people joining the republican knuckledraggers.

Tend to think the bother at the actual game will probably not be much (if any) worse than the Blackburn game from 2002, for example. I also reckon I'll probably be less at risk of physical violence at the home leg than the last couple of times Ajax visited.

Hope I'm wrong though and our visit destablises the coalition government and paves the way for Jeremy Corbyn to turn Britain into a terrorist paradise.

2 hours ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

That says much, much more about the company that you keep than it does about any Linfield fans. Another nice try.

If I was feeling particularly petty I could demonstrate numerous Celtic links to the IRA, but I have had too many PMs from Celtic fans today who are way above that petty level of argument, and who have expressed the wish that it all passes off without trouble, that I don't want to traduce it to the level of the petty bigot.

he was a loss adjuster for an insurance company i worked for when i was 20

The sensible thing would be to play the first game at CP but the hybrid pitch currently being laid may not be ready in time. PSNI are already reported to be requesting this if possible.

We were looking at running a bus to the friendly at Shamrock Rovers on 8th July but decided against it due to the ferries being full of **** going over for sash bashes, this will still be the case the days before and after this fixture, even flights will present a powderkeg situation, no easy solution other than switching the ties or Celtic declining tickets or only giving the few hundred we get to the many supporters we have who live over there.

Archived