Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My takings from the tie/Europe:

Goalkeepers - Neither are suitable for Rodgers at this level. Gordon is a good shot stopper but is not a sweeper keeper. De vries is pretty much the opposite.

Defenders - Suminovic has made the most mistakes in Europe for us this year, Lustig needs to move to centre back if he is to preserve his career. As a plus Ajer and Tierney don’t look out of place at this level.

Midfielders - Brown has been immense but will not go on forever, need to get a guy in that is his type of mould to learn off him before his legs go. Rogic can’t last more than an hour at this level. Ntcham will be a start for us if he stays consistent. Having Musonda for next season will hopefully be a big plus at this level to make chances.

Forwards - Forrest has been sensational for us this season, Dembele is still learning but needs to kick on or f*ck off, Sinclair won’t make any real impact if we carry on with the same formation.

Conclusion: We have certainly improved on last season by making it past Christmas but we will continue to get humped in the champions league, even if we spend 10 million in the summer it won’t stop that. We still have a relatively young team so I can only hope we continue to get better with a few additions so we are more competitive in games. Improving on our home form is a must.

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

My takings from the tie/Europe:

Goalkeepers - Neither are suitable for Rodgers at this level. Gordon is a good shot stopper but is not a sweeper keeper. De vries is pretty much the opposite.

Defenders - Suminovic has made the most mistakes in Europe for us this year, Lustig needs to move to centre back if he is to preserve his career. As a plus Ajer and Tierney don’t look out of place at this level.

Midfielders - Brown has been immense but will not go on forever, need to get a guy in that is his type of mould to learn off him before his legs go. Rogic can’t last more than an hour at this level. Ntcham will be a start for us if he stays consistent. Having Musonda for next season will hopefully be a big plus at this level to make chances.

Forwards - Forrest has been sensational for us this season, Dembele is still learning but needs to kick on or f*ck off, Sinclair won’t make any real impact if we carry on with the same formation.

Conclusion: We have certainly improved on last season by making it past Christmas but we will continue to get humped in the champions league, even if we spend 10 million in the summer it won’t stop that. We still have a relatively young team so I can only hope we continue to get better with a few additions so we are more competitive in games. Improving on our home form is a must.

In all honesty Rodgers is never going to cut it in Europe, he's every bit as stubborn as Strachan without the bawbaggery in interviews, I like the guy but he'll never do anything worth talking about in Europe until he starts playing a lot lot more defensively when it's required, don't see it happening myself.

Away leg went pretty much as most would have predicted. Ivanovic made a huge difference to them at the back. Home leg should give Celtic confidence for the future but then again, they put in similar performances away to Anderlecht and Mönchengladbach but still got utterly rinsed by the big boys.

Romeo’s meltdown has made for some quite tremendous viewing. Always nice to see the despicable bigots dispatched with such ease. 
Celtic fans tears about all the diddies laughing at them are delicious.... I dont recall many of them chastising us similarly for laughing when the **** hilariously embarrassed themselves. Dare I say they may even have participated in the laughter.

Both arse cheeks have been firmly shown their true place in the hierarchy of modern European football this season.

Ocht well, another year where the number of clubs in Angus directly costs Scotlands champions a famous Europa league win. Such is life.

13 hours ago, The OP said:

Look, it’s not my fault the rest of the country let us all down with an endemic lack of patriotism which continues from 1707, to 18 September 2014, to the present day (where people revel in the league Champions failing in Europe).

I know the champions’ supporters wanted to break up your beloved union but I think people on here should get over that and acknowledge what a tragedy tonight’s result really was.

At least you're taking your club's latest European humiliation well, though. That's the main thing.

You have got to laugh at the fans on here spanking their monkey every time Celtic get beat in Europe.
Very poor performance last night the finger needs to be pointed at Brendan 3 transfer windows and still not fixed the problem at the back at this level.
First goal free header in the middle of the goals is criminal,goalkeeper mistake for the second for me Gordon would have saved that,the 3rd i've no problem with hard ball to defend.  

Archived