Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

Neymar is a gloriously gifted player who was born to modern football. He is also a total c**t and I would pay to see him deal with a Benneti or Gentile going right through him. Messi has ability with class, Neymar lesser ability with no real class .

Ever since his first appearance in Scotland, as a 17 year old with Brazil, when he claimed he'd been racially abused by Scotland fans - only to retract the next day - he has been a wee fanny.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not so sure. Get they are 2nd seeds but can't be much between them and Bayern. Celtic could be looking at conceding 20 goals in the 4 games vs those teams.

I dunno. Cavani isn't close to Lewandowski, and Veratti/Rabiot isn't close to Vidal/Thiago, at the moment. You've then got Ribery, Robben, James Rodriguez, Coman and Muller.

What odds do you get for someone to blame the rest of Scottish football within the next hour?

Scott MacDonald wins !!!

Scottish footballs fault as we don't put Celtic on the back foot enough.

Wish I'd put money on it, tbh

How come Loanees can play against their parent clubs in the UCL?

Didn't watch the game so don't know if this was a piss take as they mentioned it loads of times? Anyway, if it's a genuine question, its because UEFA term loans between clubs in different countries as temporary transfers or some such. Morientes for Monaco v Real Madrid about 15 (?) years ago was the first I saw but since then the likes of Coirtois has played for Atletico v Chelsea, and of course Patrick Roberts v Man City for Celtic.

Didn't watch the game so don't know if this was a piss take as they mentioned it loads of times? Anyway, if it's a genuine question, its because UEFA term loans between clubs in different countries as temporary transfers or some such. Morientes for Monaco v Real Madrid about 15 (?) years ago was the first I saw but since then the likes of Coirtois has played for Atletico v Chelsea, and of course Patrick Roberts v Man City for Celtic.

I started watching 2 minutes before kick-off, so I didn't hear why, cheers.

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I thought that it just depended on the terms of the loan deal between the two clubs. 

I thought that it just depended on the terms of the loan deal between the two clubs. 

UEFA enforce the rule that a player must be eligible to play against their parent team kn European competition, much like the SPFL enforce the rule that players can't play against their parent team. It's on Football Manager which still spreads the myth it's negotiable.

Nah, it's one of those misconceptions like asking the big club if player X can okay against them in a domestic league or cup tie. That isn't allowed. In European competition it's the other way round. There's nothing to stop you from asking the wee team not to play them or maybe asking the player himself how he feels, at least AFAIK, but you can't put it in a contract.

6 minutes ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

Ever since his first appearance in Scotland, as a 17 year old with Brazil, when he claimed he'd been racially abused by Scotland fans - only to retract the next day - he has been a wee fanny.

That game was at the Emirates Stadium however you're right about everything else, he is a fanny.

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You have to feel sorry for all those Celtic fans who have bought a three match Champions League package and one of the games will be played behind closed doors because of the brain dead zombie that ran on the pitch.

Cherry, meet the cake :lol:

Archived