Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You have got to laugh at the fans on here spanking their monkey every time Celtic get beat in Europe.
Very poor performance last night the finger needs to be pointed at Brendan 3 transfer windows and still not fixed the problem at the back at this level.
First goal free header in the middle of the goals is criminal,goalkeeper mistake for the second for me Gordon would have saved that,the 3rd i've no problem with hard ball to defend.  

If it makes you feel any better I did also piss myself laughing, @shull style, when Zenit beat Rangers 2-0 a decade ago. There also haven't been *that* many opportunities to point and laugh at Celtic recently either, and finishing 3rd in the CL group stages represents Progres from last season's efforts in Europe.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have got to laugh at the fans on here spanking their monkey every time Celtic get beat in Europe.
Very poor performance last night the finger needs to be pointed at Brendan 3 transfer windows and still not fixed the problem at the back at this level.
First goal free header in the middle of the goals is criminal,goalkeeper mistake for the second for me Gordon would have saved that,the 3rd i've no problem with hard ball to defend.  
All the monkeys in the world havent been spanked anywhere near as much as you gang this season. By all means though, keep trying to convince us it doesnt bother you.

As predicted for Celtic last night, just an awful away record in Europe. It seems the minute they leave these shores they freeze and are taken apart when without a big support. Lots of their fans seem quite happy at the amount of money brought in from these Euro campaigns although none of it goes back to the fans either in the way of cheaper tickets, glamour signings or a bit of fight from the players.

As predicted for Celtic last night, just an awful away record in Europe. It seems the minute they leave these shores they freeze and are taken apart when without a big support. Lots of their fans seem quite happy at the amount of money brought in from these Euro campaigns although none of it goes back to the fans either in the way of cheaper tickets, glamour signings or a bit of fight from the players.
Thats because arsecheek oneupmanship has extended as far as club finances recently. Since Rangers became a footballing irrelevance the Celtic fans, totally unable to comprehend leaving the blue cheek behind, decided that the business side of it was important. Sad really. Its the way they are though.

1 hour ago, TheCelt67 said:

I'm starting to believe that Lustig is finished. 

Many years has he been at the club 6 and 6 good years,if Ralston isn't good enough then we need a right back but for me pointing the finger at one player last night is wrong.
Brendan went with the same team as last Thursday  again for me was wrong,the team that finished the game should have been the team that started the game.

26 minutes ago, Dullard Bluteau said:

I couldn't care less about the dosh Celtic make in Europe,Getting passed Christmas in Europe is good enough for me,celtic's away record is the norm not just for one or two managers but for most of the Celtic managers.Celtic spend within their means, i would rather see a Tierney  coming through than any so called glamour signing.

24 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I couldn't care less about the dosh Celtic make in Europe,Getting passed Christmas in Europe is good enough for me,celtic's away record is the norm not just for one or two managers but for most of the Celtic managers.Celtic spend within their means, i would rather see a Tierney  coming through than any so called glamour signing.

Stage 5: Acceptance. :thumsup2

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic are able on occasion to fill their stadium but normally it is half full. Does that not tell you they charge too much at the gate, despite coining it in from failed Euro campaigns ? The ordinary fan sees no benefit from CL money, certainly not from recent results, some of the worst in their history. I accept that winning trophies sustains fans interest in the short term but feel that those who run Celtic are more interested in mammon than entertaining.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Many years has he been at the club 6 and 6 good years,if Ralston isn't good enough then we need a right back but for me pointing the finger at one player last night is wrong.
Brendan went with the same team as last Thursday  again for me was wrong,the team that finished the game should have been the team that started the game.

I'm not singling out Lustig for last night's performance.  The whole team can carry that can.  What I am saying is I think he's finished at that level. 

I'm not singling out Lustig for last night's performance.  The whole team can carry that can.  What I am saying is I think he's finished at that level. 

Pains me to say, he's a liability now at that level. Was a consistent performer, and has been a great servant to the club.

7 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Pains me to say, he's a liability now at that level. Was a consistent performer, and has been a great servant to the club.

Agreed.  He's still some boy all the same but I think it's time to replace him at fullback in the summer with either a new signing or seeing if Ralston has the ability to step up.  Good point made by Gannonball that he could still be used as a centre half but I believe that would be more as cover rather than a first choice.

Agreed.  He's still some boy all the same but I think it's time to replace him at fullback in the summer with either a new signing or seeing if Ralston has the ability to step up.  Good point made by Gannonball that he could still be used as a centre half but I believe that would be more as cover rather than a first choice.

His pace has gone, and concentration is questionable (especially for the 3rd last night). Always looking for the long ball option.
I think we should replace, if he's happy to stay on as a stop gap then that ok, sadly wouldn't be in my starting.

20 hours ago, The OP said:

Tbf Kris Boyd has one goal in 87 appearances against Celtic or something. A sclaff in at Ibrox for a dead club. Some career.

By any sensible definition, Kris Boyd has had a good career, featuring caps, lucrative contracts, medals, foreign experience and longevity.

It can readily be argued that he might have achieved more.

That he's not had a successful career however, much less so.

23 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Equally there are also many, many decent Scottish football fans who are disappointed with that result tonight.

I'm a terribly decent Scottish football fan.  In fact, just this afternoon, I held a door for someone.

However, I took great delight in last night's result.  And yet  more, in how some Celtic fans on here, are handling it.

22 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Some are trying way too hard. Bit disappointed nobody picked up on Sutton suggesting it's not been Doris' day following the keepers calamity performance.

Did he really say that?

That's pretty magnificent actually.  He's soared in my estimation.

Archived