Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Ooft really not taking your humbling very well. You should be used to it by now too.

Look, it’s not my fault the rest of the country let us all down with an endemic lack of patriotism which continues from 1707, to 18 September 2014, to the present day (where people revel in the league Champions failing in Europe).

I know the champions’ supporters wanted to break up your beloved union but I think people on here should get over that and acknowledge what a tragedy tonight’s result really was.

5 minutes ago, The OP said:

Look, it’s not my fault the rest of the country let us all down with an endemic lack of patriotism which continues from 1707, to 18 September 2014, to the present day (where people revel in the league Champions failing in Europe).

I know the champions’ supporters wanted to break up your beloved union but I think people on here should get over that and acknowledge what a tragedy tonight’s result really was.

:lol:

50 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Disgrace, was played like a friendly. 

Rodgers utterly humiliated in Europe yet again, thankfully for him drawing 0-0 at home to teams with makeshift defences is enough to keep Celtic fans happy. 

:lol:

Okay then.

3 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Judging by what the BBC is saying (I'm at work so can't watch it), it appears as though there aren't a lot of home fans at this game.

Zenit fans maybe thought that Celtic was going to follow willywatchers advice & give their Colts some experience before next seasons Challenge Cup  we know how big a draw they are for supporters.

5 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Someone lock the thread before the OP's cranium detaches any further.

I won £24 betting on Zenit to win actually. I’m loving life. £1 more and I can afford a gram of cooncil #winningatlife #notlikethediddies

39 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

Were Celtic really as dire as all the news is reporting

No, they weren't.   

Some of Celtic's structural play from back to midfield was good, but they were let down by a bizarre team selection by BR.    Playing the Black lad with the silly haircut instead of Sinclair was the catalyst for Celtic's lack of penetration.    They played in front of Zenit with around 60% possession.     The Celtic keeper didn't have loads to do, and through in a goal.   

I've seen some maulings for Celtic in Europe (including this season), Zenit was not good enough to maul Celtic and certainly won't go deep in the competition.    If the PSG, Bayern games were a foregone conclusion, Celtic fans will feel disappointed as Zenit were not very good and very beatable.   

I genuinely think that Celtics (selective)unbeaten run could be a negative for this squad. They became so focused on not getting beat instead if winning. I think it was Kincardine who first brought this to my attention on here and it really makes sense.

Archived