Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

tartantony seemed to suggest that Aberdeen could challenge Celtic and just lack ambition. Despite the budget difference being many many times more than Celtic face in Europe.

He seems to have forgotten all about that these days though. It's almost as if he realised he was talking absolute shit.

I had a similar discussion on Twitter with a Celtic fan.

His position was that Celtic’s much greater wealth compared to Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs etc. was due to Celtic getting far bigger attendances. All Aberdeen had to do to compete domestically was to attract 60,000 into Pittodrie every week.

However, Celtic were at a disadvantage in Europe because they couldn’t get a £100M TV deal.

Therefore, Aberdeen & Co should stop complaining about the domestic imbalance and just get on with attracting more people through the turnstiles whereas UEFA should “do something” about the financial imbalance in Europe.

It became clear I wasn’t dealing with a rational individual.

1 hour ago, EdTheDuck said:

I had a similar discussion on Twitter with a Celtic fan.

His position was that Celtic’s much greater wealth compared to Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs etc. was due to Celtic getting far bigger attendances. All Aberdeen had to do to compete domestically was to attract 60,000 into Pittodrie every week.

However, Celtic were at a disadvantage in Europe because they couldn’t get a £100M TV deal.

Therefore, Aberdeen & Co should stop complaining about the domestic imbalance and just get on with attracting more people through the turnstiles whereas UEFA should “do something” about the financial imbalance in Europe.

Do you think celtic should give each club a million for making it so easy to qualify?

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Do you think celtic should give each club a million for making it so easy to qualify?

No, I want them to disband.

Think of the advantages, you lot can all go live in Catalonia and be happy ever after.

3 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

1 hour ago, EdTheDuck said:

No, I want them to disband.

Think of the advantages, you lot can all go live in Catalonia and be happy ever after.

I think wastecoatwilly feels your pain.

4 hours ago, gannonball said:

I think wastecoatwilly feels your pain.

You know it makes sense.  You poor souls are in Purgatory, stuck in a backwater league you win at a canter but ritually put to the sword when you play with the big boys.

Disband. Move to Catalonia.

Then you can all support your big team and actually look almost good in comparison to a bunch of self congratulatory dimwits who are even further up their own arses than you.

The benefit is, of course, your big team have lots of money thanks to the Spanish TV deal and don't get reamed in Europe…or at least until they get independence at which point the Spanish will boot them out of their league and they’ll be masters of a domain not much bigger than Scotland. Still...

18 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

You know it makes sense.  You poor souls are in Purgatory, stuck in a backwater league you win at a canter but ritually put to the sword when you play with the big boys.

Then you can all support your big team and actually look almost good in comparison to a bunch of self congratulatory dimwits who are even further up their own arses than you.

The benefit is, of course, your big team have lots of money thanks to the Spanish TV deal and don't get reamed in Europe…or at least until they get independence at which point the Spanish will boot them out of their league and they’ll be masters of a domain not much bigger than Scotland. Still...

I think is a fine example that you shouldn't drink bleach and post on Pie and Bovril.

tartantony seemed to suggest that Aberdeen could challenge Celtic and just lack ambition. Despite the budget difference being many many times more than Celtic face in Europe.
He seems to have forgotten all about that these days though. It's almost as if he realised he was talking absolute shit.
Well that's certainly one way to mis understand me. I can't say I'm surprised though

13 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

No voter found.

14 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

man who dresses as Guardia Civil at haloween found

• 1 month later...
On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:13, Romeo said:

£32 for a season ticket holder for the Europa game. Sake

£40 if you just fancy a European experience.

Had tried for BM tickets in champions league, as I like German games and the atmosphere the fans generate, nae chance and general consensus was ticket were too cheap. 

But £40 seems a tad high given Arsenal are charging £27.50 for there top seats.

Well I decided London for me League cup final £80 plus £27.50 nearly half the cost of my Ton season ticket.

I was hoping we would go into this game with abit of momentum and feel good factor around the team.

But the performance against Killie last week, the defensive shambles against Thistle today and the fact Zenit are scoring goals for fun leave me with the feeling we're gonna get pumped rotten again.

Really hope I'm wrong on this one.

Think we should be going with a back 3 for this one. We have played it more of late but went to a back 4 on Saturday and looked shaky again. Whether we have enough personnel to do this Im not sure as Tierney or Lustig would have to move in and Gamboa/Miller have had no game time. There is the option for Bitton who some hate to see at centre back but in a back 3 at home I think he would be fine but it would be a very new back 3. In fact I have no f*cking Idea what to do and if you are still reading this I have wasted your time.

Archived