Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nsr said:

And weren't founded and developed as a result of hatred, bigotry and sectarianism. Those are literally the only reasons anyone supports Celtic.

:lol: What a nonsense.

FWIW one of the worst orange bigots I’ve ever seen on here supported your family club.

2 minutes ago, paddymcp said:

BR doesn't know how to set up a Celtic team defensively when they are the inferior side in the game. This is abundantly clear id suggest.

Definitely. Was the same when he was at Liverpool. I’m still generally enjoying it tbh, although 7-1 was hard to take.

Rodgers has shown through his career that he is either unable, or unwilling, to play a more pragmatic style in one off games to get the required result. Tonight the required result was only a 3-4 goal loss which would have virtually guaranteed qualification for the Europa League as long as Anderlecht lost, which they did. Given Celtic lost 5-0 at home to PSG, it's pretty obvious that playing a similar style away from home is going to result in at least the same result again. They should still qualify, but a 3-0 loss isn't impossible. If they had just kept the score down to 4-5 tonight they could have played a reserve team in the last game and still go through.

No manager would get that Celtic team a result against PSG, but I think a more realistic approach rather than idealistic is necessary at times.

2 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Rodgers has shown through his career that he is either unable, or unwilling, to play a more pragmatic style in one off games to get the required result. Tonight the required result was only a 3-4 goal loss which would have virtually guaranteed qualification for the Europa League as long as Anderlecht lost, which they did. Given Celtic lost 5-0 at home to PSG, it's pretty obvious that playing a similar style is going to result in at least the same result again. They should still qualify, but a 3-0 loss isn't impossible. If they had just kept the score down to 4-5 tonight they could have played a reserve team in the last game and still go through.

No manager would get that Celtic team a result against PSG, but I think a more realistic approach rather than idealistic is necessary at times.

Difficult to disagree with that

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

That's it, I've had enough, I'm supporting a proper well established, family team.

It's Airdrie for me.

I’d like to support my local team, Clyde. Dunno where they’re local to but it has a G postcode probably.

11 minutes ago, The OP said:

:lol: What a nonsense.

FWIW one of the worst orange bigots I’ve ever seen on here supported your family club.

The only people who go to Celtic Park to watch football are the away fans. Except when it's an Old Firm game. Then it's nobody.

Archived