Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The OP said:

Gonna be hoarse in the morning.

Bittersweet that, played far better than I expected, result was better than I expected but annoyed we conceded soft goals and put ourselves up against it. Atmosphere was immense and we really should have nothing to fear if we make the Europa. If we don’t make the Europa I’ll be seething.

For Anderlecht to finish 3rd - assuming they lose away to Bayern - they would need to win 4-0 at Celtic, or 3-0 depending on how much each team loses by on matchday 5. So very unlikely for Celtic not to make the Europa league.

Bit of a kick in the stones that.  One of our best European displays in a long time but still end up with the square root of hee haw.  Tierney along with McGregor were fantastic and that's the best I've ever seen Forrest in a Celtic jersey.

I was at the game tonight, freebies from my mates boss. The only comment I have to make is, there was a woman two rows in front of me with a small figure of the Pope. Every so often she'd raise it up like she was praying. The weirdest thing I've ever seen at the football. 

I was at Celtic Park last night, everytime I turned round  this weirdo 2 rows back was staring at me, I ended up praying to god that I'd get home in one piece.

Thought Tierney, McGregor and Armstrong were excellent.

Usual story though, papped out with 2 games to go and beaten by bayerns b team.

Celtic are definitely improving though and are a good centre back pairing away from having a go against quality sides.

6 hours ago, Ginaro said:

For Anderlecht to finish 3rd - assuming they lose away to Bayern - they would need to win 4-0 at Celtic, or 3-0 depending on how much each team loses by on matchday 5. So very unlikely for Celtic not to make the Europa league.

Small point but Anderlecht are at home to Bayern. If they lose that then 3rd place is secure for Celtic.

I know they had a few players out but what a massive improvement from us last night. Left feeling pretty elated despite the result. Some big performances from the home grown players,some people were pointing fingers at Gordon,Bitton,Boyata but all in all I thought everyone one had at least a decent game. Were out the moneyball competition but strangely even more looking forward to Europa now.

Meant to say Thought the ref last night was great in playing on where possible, some tasty challenges but no malice, usually thats gets punished regardless in Europe so refreshing to see. 

Weird saying all this after a goal scored from a handball interception but Scottish referees should take note of how a game should be officiated latst night. 

Proper game of football last night not like the mince i watched on Saturday 2 teams wanting to win the game,yes bayern dropped a couple of star players but still a class act to watch,Gordon should have stayed back bad decision on his part for the first goal,enjoyed the wee spat between Brown and vidal, another poor night for Sinclair seems to be off the pace best night for Forrest in a Celtic jersey,Celtic deserved a point we got nothing that's football.

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Proper game of football last night not like the mince i watched on Saturday 2 teams wanting to win the game,yes bayern dropped a couple of star players but still a class act to watch,Gordon should have stayed back bad decision on his part for the first goal,enjoyed the wee spat between Brown and vidal, another poor night for Sinclair seems to be off the pace best night for Forrest in a Celtic jersey,Celtic deserved a point we got nothing that's football.

Wastecoatwilly, let me introduce you to Fullstop. Fullstop, meet Waste. Coat. Willy. 

Archived