Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fact that Celtic have had good results in the recent past against teams that are financially superior doesn't make me seriously deluded,the imbalance or uneven playing field has always been there for over 100 years this isn't just appeared when money came into the game,the same teams have won these competitions in Europe for decades i'm sure there is only 9 countries that have won the European cup/champions league in it's history. 

Fair point. However since it became the Champions League only Marseille, Ajax and Porto have won it from outwith the Big 4 leagues of Italy, Spain, Germany and England, and two of those were in the first 3 years of the competition when there was still limited entry from top leagues.

The Porto v Monaco final was the last one that didn't involve two teams from aforementioned leagues and only 5 finalists have been from outwith those leagues in 25 years (Ajax x2, Monaco, Marseille and Porto) again most of which happened in the fledgling years of the competition.

Since the Porto v Monaco final only PSV, Lyon and Monaco have even reached the semis from beyond the Top 4 leagues. 3 out of 52. It's a ridiculous level of dominance.

9 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Free bus ticket in Scotland at 60.

Ditto in TFS, but you're not of state pensionable age. I realise people retire at any age from 50 upwards, but I'd hardly class them as pensioners.

13 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

f1d7e60e0fad3f34e7e03ec7bb57c28e.jpg

At what point would it have occurred to the wee scrote that he was attempting to assault a professional athlete who was considerably larger than him?

18 hours ago, Marsh said:

Can we just get over the faux irony of the financial disparity between CL teams and Celtic and Celtic and the SPFL teams, its been done to death.  

Has it? I haven't heard much about the disparity between Celtic and the likes of Clyde, Peterhead, Arbroath, Edinburgh City, Annan etc

2 hours ago, nsr said:

At what point would it have occurred to the wee scrote that he was attempting to assault a professional athlete who was considerably larger than him?

It's been an embarrassing incident all-around for the clown.  A pathetic attempt at kicking someone, huckled, fined, banned from every ground in the UK, burst into tears whilst in the dock and it turns out as he was being led away a guy in his 60s ran over and lamped him. :lol:

Listened to radio Clyde for about 5 mins tonight and some Celtic fan was calling in complaining about the champions league and saying "he wants to see a level playing field" and "fair competition". The panel were agreeing with him. I didn't know whether to laugh or smash the radio at the hypocrisy.

Laugh

9 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

It's been an embarrassing incident all-around for the clown.  A pathetic attempt at kicking someone, huckled, fined, banned from every ground in the UK, burst into tears whilst in the dock and it turns out as he was being led away a guy in his 60s ran over and lamped him. :lol:

Aren't celtic fans just the greatest.

Uefa should give them a reward for this imo.

Archived