Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be willing to give Rodgers a pass if that wasn't the most naive tactical display I've seen from a CL manager since you got hounded at the Nou Camp, leaving full backs exposed, when ones as inexperienced as Ralston, and then matching up man for man in the middle, was suicide, and he didn't change it at any point.

Agree about Ralston aswell, Neymar ripped the fucking piss for 45 minutes and then almost stopped out of pity, then Ralston bizarrely went nuts and started piling through the back of folk and insulting him. I doubt Neymar will show much pity if they meet again.

To be fair to Ralston - he was offered literally zero protection and was far from the worst Celtic player. Imagine not even trying to double up on Neymar when he has it out wide! Neymar would rip most full backs in the world to pieces in those circumstances.

Celtic's midfield display was beyond pathetic.

23 minutes ago, Swello said:

I'm quite looking forward to the Celtic statement about the guy who ran on tarnishing the "fantastic reputation" of the Celtic support. After 11 previous fines for fan behaviour.

I seem to remember hearing after the last one that we were actually way down the league table of fan fines. UEFA will take a supporter trying to attack a player far more seriously than our previous transgressions though. Clubs who get stand closures tend to because of violence or racism. 

From the Beeb:
A spectator ran on to the pitch, was allowed to make his way towards Mbappe and then appeared to aim a kick at the winger. Celtic fans booed him, but the damage was done.
Ouch. They're going to get hammered for this, surely?

UEFA have opened disciplinary proceedings.

Stadium closure for the Bayern game the only suitable punishment IMO.

Just now, H Wragg said:

UEFA have opened disciplinary proceedings.

Stadium closure for the Bayern game the only suitable punishment IMO.

Reading the other article it appears they've had 11 punishment's from Uefa in 6 seasons! There's previous for this too, what with the Dida farce against AC Milan.

Celtic voluntarily closed parts of the Gren Brigade section after being fined for a banner against Linfield if I'm reading the beeb article correctly, so I wonder if they'll come to a similar agreement with Uefa i.e. hit with a heavy fine and a voluntary partial stadium closure rather than risk a behind closed doors game.

18 minutes ago, The OP said:

I seem to remember hearing after the last one that we were actually way down the league table of fan fines. UEFA will take a supporter trying to attack a player far more seriously than our previous transgressions though. Clubs who get stand closures tend to because of violence or racism. 

I can imagine Celtic will be way down that league when all the mad Balkans and Eastern European countries are taken into account - it must be a nice earner for uefa...

25 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

From the Beeb:

A spectator ran on to the pitch, was allowed to make his way towards Mbappe and then appeared to aim a kick at the winger. Celtic fans booed him, but the damage was done.

Ouch. They're going to get hammered for this, surely?

Thats tom English, he can't even bring himself to admit it was a celtic fan

A fan invading the park and trying to attack a player is serious enough in most circumstances, but the fact that PSG's home ground has been subjected to a terrorist attack fairly recently, while France itself remains under a national state of emergency should be factored into UEFA's calculations. 

Kick them out of European competition for an indefinite period of time. 

12 hours ago, red23 said:

That, That is Celtic fans right there. They are like little kids playing a game of Fifa on the playstation, can't control themselves when they lose a game while feeling smug pumping teams 6-0. When it happens to them oh no no no.....

"This doesnay happen to Celtic!"

Suck it up Celtic, this is what its like to play teams with a massive budget compared to you.

Aye, Right you are.......

12 hours ago, gannonball said:

Strange feeling getting humped 5-0 but you dont think your team played that bad. A very steep learning curve for some. Ralston looked out on his arse after an hour and that was without bombing forward which left Sinclair trying to beat 2/3 men at a time.

12 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

PSG were phenomenal.  Best performance I've ever seen at Celtic Park.

11 hours ago, S7C said:

PSG were outstanding so no complaints.

The pitch invader is a c*** and was told as much by pretty much the entire stadium.

11 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

I'm hard pushed to think of a better header.

8 hours ago, Yossarian said:

That's it. We could have broke oor transfer record on a centre half n it wouldn't have made a bit of difference. Outclassed all over the pitch. Psg aren't as good as Barca when we bet them, I don't think, but with Cavani upfront it gives them another more physical, direct dimension and they can switch it up more.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

A fan invading the park and trying to attack a player is serious enough in most circumstances, but the fact that PSG's home ground has been subjected to a terrorist attack fairly recently, while France itself remains under a national state of emergency should be factored into UEFA's calculations. 

Kick them out of European competition for an indefinite period of time. 

No, keep them in it.

Archived