Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Nice go out (down 2-0) does that put Celtic into pot 3?

They are seeded ahead of Nice, anyway. They need one of Olympiacos, Sevilla, Napoli or Liverpool to go out. Olympiacos look the most likely having only won the home leg against Croats Rijeka 2-1. Napoli won 2-0 at home while the other pair won 2-1 away.

Questionable quality of opponents so far but that isn't on Celtic. They did their job. Never the less they looked good.

What is the expectation for Celtic fans, that would be considered a success? I imagine no one thinks Celtic are going to the finals or semi-finals.

1 minute ago, thekorean said:

Questionable quality of opponents so far but that isn't on Celtic. They did their job. Never the less they looked good.

What is the expectation for Celtic fans, that would be considered a success? I imagine no one thinks Celtic are going to the finals or semi-finals.

Honestly the minimum to be judged a success this year would be 3rd in the group, ensuring European football after Christmas.  Round of 16 in the CL would be amazing, but 3rd in the group would still be good

5 minutes ago, thekorean said:

In European football after winter break

21 minutes ago, thekorean said:

Last year we got 3 points from 18 via three draws. Want to improve on that although if 5 draws gave us 3rd place in the group i'd take it ;)

I thought they looked a decent side, not 4th best team in Luxembourg decent, but decent all the same. Celtic definitely earned their luck tonight, a great performance.

Archived