Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

As i said it was designed to upset the visiting fans and Celtic have to deal with it and a Morton fan

So that makes it ok?

typical 'aye, but we don't sing em songs' type response. 

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Again i leave my politics and beliefs at the turnstile other fans don't,that's a democracy freedom of expression 

Celtic Park is a private premises and Celtic are subject to the rules of various associations. Furthermore, singing rebel tunes in that environment could easily constitute a breach of the peace which limits freedom of expression by prohibiting behaviour which could cause alarm and threaten disturbance to the community. 

As i said it was designed to upset the visiting fans and Celtic have to deal with it and a Morton fan

If it was Beitar Jerusalem visiting would displaying swastikas be ok and something they would just have to deal with?

3 hours ago, Romeo said:

Saw an advert on the screens for "last few remaining Season Tickets"?

3 hours ago, The OP said:

The site says 'season tickets now on sale to waiting list members'. 

If they sell season tickets in one of the 7,000 seats Rangers get I'd imagine they haven't sold many because that area was very busy against Lyon and Linfield suggesting that's where all of the general sale tickets are. 

Further to the above, as it happens I'm on hold to the TO to find out if I'm on the HCTS or not (as it's not clear online) and they have a recorded message saying STs which include **** are sold out but you can still get tickets which don't include *** games.

10 minutes ago, The OP said:

Celtic Park is a private premises and Celtic are subject to the rules of various associations. Furthermore, singing rebel tunes in that environment could easily constitute a breach of the peace which limits freedom of expression by prohibiting behaviour which could cause alarm and threaten disturbance to the community. 

3 minutes ago, TurbineTon said:

That just doesn't cut it im afraid. 

Agree! football is an emotional game with many walks of life in the stands so celtic's search for perfection in a 60,000 crowd with all elements of society thrown in is why police get paid to keep law and order 

It has just been pointed out to me that the announcer kept telling Linfield they would be kept in every time they tried to start a song. :lol:

Was wondering why he kept saying it over and over. They may be hard of thinking but unlike some of our visitors English is their first language. 

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The banners where designed to noise up the opposition fans and it certainly achieved that with the evident seethe in the away end from their distance it probably looked like IRA banners but from were i sit you could see it was a green brigade bhoy and Brendan Rodgers.
When i walk through the turnstile i leave my beliefs and politics there, the green brigade are different they are activists and use Celtic as a platform to vent their protestation.
They're many walks of life go to watch Celtic and went home happy the many outweigh the few.

Well referencing and celebrating the IRA infront of a support who were highly likely to have had family members , friends , workmates etc who in the past could have been victim to IRA atrocities is certainly going to cause a spark "seethe" among a few . It's amazing that in the Republic of Ireland as a whole seems to have moved on completely from this sort 20th century republicanism . Even in modern northern Irish football there are very few IRA banners and references made when one side from either community faces another . 

3 minutes ago, Henke said:

Quinn brothers,bloody sunday etc you see where I'm going with this?

Yes the troubles was a horrific time for both communities . Hence why the banners from a Scottish supporters group who shat the bed from even attending Belfast a week before is laughable if it was  not for the fact it was so stupid 

Just now, Henke said:

how do you know no GB members where there?,300 made the trip papped into the west stand,not only did I love the banners & song choice I loved the pure rage from the blues brothers8)...roll on sunderland next saturday:thumsup2

So all that anti bigotry pish you were spouting over the last week was indeed that . Utter pish . Not that it wasn't obvious after your open use of "soup taker " anyway but at least you are open and honest now .

how do you know no GB members where there?,300 made the trip papped into the west stand,not only did I love the banners & song choice I loved the pure rage from the blues brothers8)...roll on sunderland next saturday:thumsup2

loved the game last night good crowd & cracking banner & song sheet in full flow,:thumsup2

Quinn brothers,bloody sunday etc you see where I'm going with this?

You're a part of the problem. You shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Celtic Park with this attitude.

Archived