Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

7 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Incidentally, I am informed by a member of the Linfield board that it was ALWAYS Celtic's intention not to take tickets.

Celtic know there will be Celtic fans at the game plus it's up to the home team to provide security and safety for all fans

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we also responsible if they misbehave? Am not thinking of your average Celtic fan, more the Gangrene Brigade attention seekers.

I am of the opinion that we should set aside a segregated area for Celtic fans who want to see the game rather than A) have them in the home end or B) have them wandering about ticketless. 

The thread is heading for a car crash ffs, Sevco supporters posting on a Celtic thread because it has sectarian shite to post about to goad the Celtic fans. Typical ****.

Posters claiming this is embarrassing for Celtic?, what's really embarrassing is that in the 21st century religion and sectarianism takes precedence over a sporting occasion.

I hope Linfield lose this qualifier for the sake of the sanity of many idiots who are bigots and sectarian who will view this football match as anything other than a sporting occasion ffs.

5 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Are we also responsible if they misbehave? Am not thinking of your average Celtic fan, more the Gangrene Brigade attention seekers.

I am of the opinion that we should set aside a segregated area for Celtic fans who want to see the game rather than A) have them in the home end or B) have them wandering about ticketless. 

There will be both A and B friends and family in the ground plus all walks of life it will need to be dealt with

1 hour ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

I was rather annoyed at Keith Jackon's, (I think, todays Record), one-sided take on Linfield, prattling on about how, "Linfield had previous", and referring to us, "running riot in Dundalk". He could have mentioned a shooting in Amsterdam in reference to Celtic, or a stabbing in Lyon, or an aeroplane being diverted, or numerous fines in recent years, or he could have written a balanced article about both clubs, but he didn't. Like so many other media outlets, he is fanning the flames.

Now, as for Dundalk, we are guilty as charged, but not quite as he puts it, and it was a game I attended in 1979. Linfield fans were involved in a riot, but it was very much a two sided affair, with out buses being attacked at practically every small village on the way down. Had it happened today it would have been Dundalk who were punished as the home side, and their ground was a riot waiting to happen as both ends behind the goals were banks made up of gravel and stones. Dundalk was also a border town full of provos on the run, and 1979 was particularly volatile. None of this excuses what happened in any way, and at 16 I found it a bit frightening to have guns fired at us as we left, but surely the Record should be looking for something a bit more up to date if they are going to contend that we have previous, as if it is an ongoing concern?

He also neglects to mention that Linfield and Dundalk founded the Dunfield project the year after that game to bring people from both sides together, or that both sides have played home and away since with absolutely no trouble.

The Record is a rag that belongs in the gutter with The Sun. I hope the author's next sh1te is a hedgehog.

^^^^

Keeps a list of every incident in the last 40 years

Just now, Greenlantern said:

Citizens of Belfast.

1 minute ago, Greenlantern said:

Citizens of Belfast.

Bit of a sweeping nye on racist statement is it not?

Archived