Sports that you don't consider sports

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've no beef with traditional rugby. If blokes from Yorkshire want to roll around in the mud with each other then who am I to stop them.
And there we have it, American rugby is less of a sport than darts (which is a pub game). Sorted.

A top level Quarterback runs the constant risk of physical injury

Whether this applies to darts players depends on quite how rough the pub you're playing in is.

10 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

A top level Quarterback runs the constant risk of physical injury

Whether this applies to darts players depends on quite how rough the pub you're playing in is.

Darts players are far more likely to get injured by a flying tumbler or falling pished down the stairs as they don't have helmets or big shoulder pads to protect them.

40 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Bring back the Indoor League.

Televised bar billiards, darts without the treble ring, skittles, table football and shove ha'penny. Produced by wor Sid Waddell and hosted by proper Yorkshireman Fred Trueman

I used to watch that and could never understand why Trueman ended every programme by saying "Hull City!"

Eventually I found out that he was actually saying "Ah'll si thee!"

Bring back the Indoor League.
Televised bar billiards, darts without the treble ring, skittles, table football and shove ha'penny. Produced by wor Sid Waddell and hosted by proper Yorkshireman Fred Trueman

91 on Freeview or 469 on Sky I think. The Indoor League is constantly on that channel.

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

As a diversion from Darts & Gridiron can we quickly agree that the people playing "quidditch" on the meadows are absolute roasters

^^^^^^

Kens the score

The first time I saw Indoor League was when it was mentioned on here a couple of years back. I nearly soiled myself laughing at it.

41 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

As a diversion from Darts & Gridiron can we quickly agree that the people playing "quidditch" on the meadows are absolute roasters

I don't think that's a discussion that we even need to have.  

8 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Regardless of who's playing it where, it's not a sport. Yet, there's been times I've seen it being shown live on sky sports?

Channel 4 on Sunday mornings is when i remember it from. I never gave it much thought in terms of sport, it was just rubbish to watch.

14 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Regardless of who's playing it where, it's not a sport. Yet, there's been times I've seen it being shown live on sky sports?

Why isn't it a sport? It requires physical exertion. It has a competitive element. Rubbish or not, like US Egg Chasing, it's still a sport!

Why isn't it a sport? It requires physical exertion. It has a competitive element. Rubbish or not, like US Egg Chasing, it's still a sport!

Because it's fucking tig! It's a game. Not a sport. And hang on a minute, it's not rubbish. All these boys running about having a great time making a living from a playground game, good on them. Just, it's not a sport.

14 hours ago, NorthernJambo said:

Kabaddi.

14 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Half a dozen Indians playing Tig in a tennis court.

59 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Kabbadi is basically British bull dog without the violence......sadly

Archived