Sports that you don't consider sports

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've enjoyed lichtie flailing all over this thread any time someone mentions his precious handegg

I'm pretty certain I've been told that's a difficult sport to play because players have to remember strategies, ie what direction to run in for five seconds at a time

Pish

I've enjoyed lichtie flailing all over this thread any time someone mentions his precious handegg
I'm pretty certain I've been told that's a difficult sport to play because players have to remember strategies, ie what direction to run in for five seconds at a time
Pish

Flailing?

It's clearly a sport, the physical demands of it prove that, regardless of what you think about the rest of it.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Flailing?

It's clearly a sport, the physical demands of it prove that, regardless of what you think about the rest of it.

Yes, flailing. Falling over yourself to question everyone who brings it up. It's cute.

Any pastime that requires a different squad of players to "catch" "kick" or "tackle" is not a sport.
If you think physical demands are what defines sport, you are very very wrong.

The Oxford dictionary definition of a sport is 'an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against one another for entertainment'

Safe to say it ticks every single box.

Except the team & skill bits.

The team bit? What?

And if I there's no skill involved why do you get really good players and really bad players?

Why are the best players paid so much money if they've not got any skill?

13 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Any pastime that requires a different squad of players to "catch" "kick" or "tackle" is not a sport.
If you think physical demands are what defines sport, you are very very wrong.

You can extend this argument to golf otherwise you would go round with one club.

Ok, I'll walk you through this.

A team is a group of individuals who work (or are supposed to) towards a common goal.
The "TEAM" in American Egg doesn't work towards a common goal. They have 3 or 4 different teams. The "deeeeeefence" works towards one goal, thee "offence" works towards a completely different goal.

What skill is involved in being a fat c**t trying to stop a slightly less fat c**t getting to your mate, just cos he has something you want? If you define this as sport then I am a sportsman cos I got inbetween Craig Wetherburn who tried to attack James Crighton because James started going out with Laura Renfield.

Ok, I'll walk you through this.

A team is a group of individuals who work (or are supposed to) towards a common goal.

The "TEAM" in American Egg doesn't work towards a common goal. They have 3 or 4 different teams. The "deeeeeefence" works towards one goal, thee "offence" works towards a completely different goal.

What skill is involved in being a fat c**t trying to stop a slightly less fat c**t getting to your mate, just cos he has something you want? If you define this as sport then I am a sportsman cos I got inbetween Craig Wetherburn who tried to attack James Crighton because James started going out with Laura Renfield.

What a lot of utter guff.

Of course there all working towards the same goal. Winning games. The strikers and goalkeeper in football both have different goals too... playing as part of the same team. That's not even up for debate. The team that won the Super Bowl was the New England Patriots, thanks to the defence and the offence, I cannot believe you've actually said that.

And as for the second bit, just shows your naivety, the biggest/fastest and strongest players aren't always necessarily the best in the positions they play. These guys are absolute machines, even the 'fat ones' are incredibly strong and have good stamina. There's 53 players on a roster and 32 teams, America is absolutely fucking football daft. It's incredibly hard to get to the level the guys are at in the NFL.

Archived