IV - The Glorious Hamilton Accies 2017/2018 Forum

Ps. Haven't given my 2p worth yet on the disgraceful scenes on Sunday of four middle aged bluenoses in the home end, verbally abusing young kids including one in a brown coat screaming to someone who appeared to be at least 30 years his junior that he wanted to fight him and cut his head off.

Stewards far too slow to react (or seemingly even realise what was going on) before police eventually chucked the scum out.

Worst of it was these cretins were there with their own young children... No wonder that support has a bad rep if that's what they're teaching their kids.

Good to see that seriously discussed and seemingly FINALLY taken on board... Though time will tell if anything changes...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

So has Koso been released?

That wasn't confirmed but seems to be the most likely outcome. 

He has played a couple 20's games of which I've seen 1, he didn't do that bad. I think he may be on a big wage and that's why we are saying this.

Apparently, he was voted one of the 'top 5 players in Greece' last season and when we signed him Ronnie had folk asking how we managed to pull it off. 

14 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

What I learned:-

• Crawford Could be leaving in the Summer.
  • Templeton is open for talks about renewing his contract.
  • Club isn't going to Die/Go into Administration.
  • Club has an excellent youth policy.
  • Club has a poor 1st team policy.
  • A volunteer gave away the £1,000,000.
  • Club isn't going to play ball with the old firm 'Colt' teams playing in League 2 unless Accies get to join in as well.
  • Club cannot do anything about opposing fans 'offensive' singing.
  • Nothing can be done nationally about the 'offensive' singing.
  • Club won't lose money if the Lawyers don't win the court case.
  • 'Bigger' teams do not like us.  
  • Club has no ambition to raise the bar for the first team.
  • Ross County are richer than Aberdeen.
  • Rangers will pay for Docherty or the SPFL will deduct it from their end of season cash if they do not. 
  • Club shop isn't getting bigger anytime soon.
  • Club have hired a new Social media guy (I think?)
  • Club will not struggle financially if we get relegated.
  • Fan ownership is a bad idea. (Except Hearts who are the exception.)
  • Club will up security to ensure no opposing fans get in the home section.
  • Might have a small fan base, yet it is a super loyal one.
  • Season ticket sales have remained constant through relegation and promotion.
  • Jason Scotland to become the U18s Coach as of next season.
  • Clubs Academy is, at worst, the 6th best youth Academy in the country. 
  • Club are laying a new 4G pitch after the season is over.

Will add more if I remember anything else.

Overall a good forum imo.

We’re richer than Aberdeen you say?

Ronnies comments on other clubs in the Premier were quite an eye opener. Ross County being one of the best payers in the league for one and then his comment about fan ownership being the start of a rocky road, although he did exempt Hearts from this owing to the size of their support. I assume he was talking about our neighbours. He clearly loves being a thorn in the side of the establishment clubs.

18 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

What I learned:-

• Crawford Could be leaving in the Summer.
  • Templeton is open for talks about renewing his contract.
  • Club isn't going to Die/Go into Administration.
  • Club has an excellent youth policy.
  • Club has a poor 1st team policy.
  • A volunteer gave away the £1,000,000.
  • Club isn't going to play ball with the old firm 'Colt' teams playing in League 2 unless Accies get to join in as well.
  • Club cannot do anything about opposing fans 'offensive' singing.
  • Nothing can be done nationally about the 'offensive' singing.
  • Club won't lose money if the Lawyers don't win the court case.
  • 'Bigger' teams do not like us.  
  • Club has no ambition to raise the bar for the first team.
  • Ross County are richer than Aberdeen.
  • Rangers will pay for Docherty or the SPFL will deduct it from their end of season cash if they do not. 
  • Club shop isn't getting bigger anytime soon.
  • Club have hired a new Social media guy (I think?)
  • Club will not struggle financially if we get relegated.
  • Fan ownership is a bad idea. (Except Hearts who are the exception.)
  • Club will up security to ensure no opposing fans get in the home section.
  • Might have a small fan base, yet it is a super loyal one.
  • Season ticket sales have remained constant through relegation and promotion.
  • Jason Scotland to become the U18s Coach as of next season.
  • Clubs Academy is, at worst, the 6th best youth Academy in the country. 
  • Club are laying a new 4G pitch after the season is over.

Will add more if I remember anything else.

Overall a good forum imo.

Pretty good summary,

The Ali Crawford one i'll expand on, this is precisely the same routine as what happened with Ziggy Gordon. He thinks he can go elsewhere, Ronnie confirmed that even during his in form days, not a SINGLE bid has ever been offered for Ali Crawford since being at Hamilton. 

Templeton, he stated that it's more up in the air, he has only completed 90 minutes 6 times for Hamilton, Ronnie feels if Templeton was more reliable fitness wise he would be in the English Champ. 

As covered with KOZO, Les said he had lots of people commenting that they couldn't believe they'd got him. However Ronnie said that ''it's just not clicked'' and that it ''sometimes just doesn't work out'' . Which to me screams that he may be released ASAP. 

He averages that Hamilton as a club pay around 40% less than most other clubs in the Premiership.  He also states he isn't keen on attracting players who sole purpose is to make money in Football. 

He acknowledged as did the audience, that our model of producing youth talent is the most sensible approach in the modern game, as it can keep a balance to the books as well as to the standard of football. 

With regards to the 1mil, the club has multiple volunteers who help keep it running with zero debts, that money was savings going towards futher projects, not related to wages etc. 

I recorded the full audio of it, I may put it on youtube if anyone is interested. Sadly I don't know how to  edit the "WHY DONT'ZZZ WE SIGNZZZ PLAYAZZ WHO R GOOD"" style comments. 

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Yet he agreed on the spot on assessment, even though he wasn't there.....

Because fanny face, my friend who was at the fans forum had already given me a comprehensive run down on the meeting in a phone call whilst at work, jeezo you should engage brain before typing on here, you make it too easy for me to show you up as the imbecile you are.

Archived