IV - The Glorious Hamilton Accies 2017/2018 Forum

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new boys bar big Oggy played tonight.

Stanger-the young centre half from Stirling Albion looked a class act although he is playing for them the rest of the season.

Miller-flirted in an out of the game,couple of nice runs/dribbles but not involved enough.

Kozo-looked to be playing within himself so probably in squad for Saturday.

Sarris- good run out for him,did what he had to do.

5 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

With all these players leaving and injured what’s accies strongest 11 now? 

Woods, Skondras and Tomas would probably be the only players that would get into everyone's strongest XI, I reckon. Maybe the likes of Gogic, Redmond and Rojano too but they're definitely more divisive. 

So yeah, we have three good players...

Best 11 is a difficult shout at the moment and this is based on the assumption that Kozo is half decent. Shows we desperately need a couple of bodies in by tomorrow. 

Woods

Skondras, Tomas, Sarris, Imrie

Gogic

Kozo,  Crawford, Temps

Rojano and Oggy

6 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Best 11 is a difficult shout at the moment and this is based on the assumption that Kozo is half decent. Shows we desperately need a couple of bodies in by tomorrow. 

Woods

Skondras, Tomas, Sarris, Imrie

Gogic

Kozo,  Crawford, Temps

Rojano and Oggy

Dougie at LB!?  I think he works far better in an attacking midfield role. 
I agree with the flat 4.  I think Templeton needs to be dropped into midfield. He's really lacked any kind of form since he won Player of the month.  The only problem with our midfield is it now lacks any kind of height or strength, but has decent pace. 
The best current Hamilton lineup *if mackinnon is out for the season*  IMO   

Woods
     Skondras, Tomas, Sarris, Want
                              Gogic 

Templeton,Redmond, Imrie
                    Oggy ,    Rojano 

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Shaun Want at LB is even worse. (Shaun want in the team at all is horrendous.) McMann is the strongest LB in the team despite how poor he’s been recently.

Completely disagree. Shaun done a DAMN FINE job at Left CB, most pundits agreed too. Far better than McMann. Want is also proven he can score goals too. He had a howler at Albion but his performance against Dundee was admirable, far better than anything McMann has done. He's the lesser of two evils. Dougie has zero defensive prowess, he simply cannot defend, hence why he's so feckless as a WB.  He's only really showed danger when allowed to play off the forwards. 

36 minutes ago, JudgeFlash said:

Completely disagree. Shaun done a DAMN FINE job at Left CB, most pundits agreed too. Far better than McMann. Want is also proven he can score goals too. He had a howler at Albion but his performance against Dundee was admirable, far better than anything McMann has done. He's the lesser of two evils. Dougie has zero defensive prowess, he simply cannot defend, hence why he's so feckless as a WB.  He's only really showed danger when allowed to play off the forwards. 

I agree to this in part, I felt he did alright wasn't at fault for the goals, and comparing Mcmann of late, it was the right decision to bring him in. But I feel he is still to raw to start, needs to improve on the basics, but does look like he can eventually break through at this level.

8 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

I agree to this in part, I felt he did alright wasn't at fault for the goals, and comparing Mcmann of late, it was the right decision to bring him in. But I feel he is still to raw to start, needs to improve on the basics, but does look like he can eventually break through at this level.

Glad you agree mate. He may be raw but as we have seen with some other talent, he's only gonna show if he is up for it if he gets a string of games under his belt. I thought he made some brave challenges against Dundee and didn't look out of place, whereas teams will noticeably attack our left flank with the McMann/Imrie express. McMann if anything has got notably worse since last season. Makes terrible match losing mistakes, often out of position and his passing is the worst in our team. 

36 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Shaun want is shite, the next Craig Watson. If we ditched the ridiculous 3/5 at the back McMann would be fine/the best option to play the proper left back role.

Be interested to know how many times you've actually seen Want play? I've seen a fair few U 20's games and he is very comfortable at that level. The lad has a lot of potential and just needs games to gain experience. 

47 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Hardly surprising, but interesting to have it finally confirmed.

Wish the club would be honest for once and tell the fans exactly what's happening.  Not a chance, I know.

What a shambles. We are running a skeleton squad as it is. We are now letting not only our best players go, but our replacements for our best players. I fully expect to see Canning and Beuz to start in a couple weeks. 

1 hour ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Be interested to know how many times you've actually seen Want play? I've seen a fair few U 20's games and he is very comfortable at that level. The lad has a lot of potential and just needs games to gain experience. 

Maybe Shaun didn't give him a dance up the Palace? 
He has progressed very well as a player, unlike Scott Mcmann who has had over 45 apps for Accies and is getting progressively worse AND costing us games. 
Want in only his 3rd appearance looked very good alongside Tomas. 

The financial mismanagement of Accies is shocking. Between losing all that money to a scam and lack of transparency around our current situation, it just seems like the board are taking us for complete mugs as usual. 

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Shaun want is shite, the next Craig Watson. If we ditched the ridiculous 3/5 at the back McMann would be fine/the best option to play the proper left back role.

I don't know how you can form such a bold statement on a player that has barely played, you must be using the Albion Rovers game as your only evidence, which is ridiculous. Young players barely ever have good debuts, and need time to settle in to cut out mistakes and form a bond with the team. 

25 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

The financial mismanagement of Accies is shocking. Between losing all that money to a scam and lack of transparency around our current situation, it just seems like the board are taking us for complete mugs as usual. 

Yup.  Not that links with the fans have ever been great but must be at an all time low. There's just been silence on this issue, despite the promise of a full statement and a challenge to RBS decision.

With all the weird goings on and odd statements being made, I agree we could do with a fans forum to clear the air... Seeing as despite past promises the day to day communication is clearly not going to improve.

I can't see it happening though, too many awkward questions at the moment.

Fans forums just do more worse than good IMO. They answer the questions they want and disregard anything they wish to avoid and I also feel that the board can be extremely condescending to the fans. There's no way we'd get a straight answer from them.

39 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Fans forums just do more worse than good IMO. They answer the questions they want and disregard anything they wish to avoid and I also feel that the board can be extremely condescending to the fans. There's no way we'd get a straight answer from them.

Eh? Dave MacKinnon, who was at Dundee and Kilmarnock if you didn't know, promised us a good shop and loads of communication. These things take time, especially when you fall out with Ronnie, start up a radio station and push the Greg Docherty transfer along with (allegedly) his dad. 

Have patience. 

Archived