IV - The Glorious Hamilton Accies 2017/2018 Forum

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What can you guys tell me about Mikey Devlin? Heard he’s been injured for a while, do you think he’ll succeed at the Dons? My main memories of him were when he was defending our 20+ corners with ease that time at NDP.

That was by far his best game. Never reached that height since.

I agree that Docherty leaving is a sore one, but some people are having a complete heads gone moment. Seen a tweet that was having a go at the club for letting Gillespie go, claiming he was one of our best players, behave, he was played out of position, but that was because the people ahead on him in midfield were better. Also we havent had Devlin all season, so how can we miss something we never had.

3 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

What can you guys tell me about Mikey Devlin? Heard he’s been injured for a while, do you think he’ll succeed at the Dons? My main memories of him were when he was defending our 20+ corners with ease that time at NDP.

The worry was always going to be how long will it take him to get back to where he was after a long injury. 

I'd say you'll need to give him at least a full season, playing at least 20-25 games to get back up to his best. 

Need to keep him fit which is by no means an easy task, he's had two major injuries, and a fair few minor ones.

10 hours ago, accies1874 said:

To be honest, a lot of people have blamed Canning for Gillespie being played out of position, but Neil often played him at RB too. 

There's a lot of overreaction at the moment. 

I've seen him being linked with Hibs, Rangers and St Johnstone :lol: I can't see anyone paying money for him.

Ones I seem was that Hibs and Bradford City were close to agreeing a PCA with him, and Accies would be willing to let him leave this month for a fee. 

Could it not be that with the amount of "first team " squad players going  , and them being replaced with players who (appear ) to be short of match fitness , that there is the fear that by the time they get up to speed , it might be too late ?

Our only hope is that Ross County continue to be poor .

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Oft. You lot have pretty much given up. Are the financials worse than initially believed?

No one fucking knows. We've been left guessing about what's going on since the original statement. 

Archived