IV - The Glorious Hamilton Accies 2017/2018 Forum

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Docherty's been at Accies since 2005 right? He's also a Scotland u21 international. On that basis alone you'd be due a fair wedge in development fee if he were to move to another Scottish club out of contract. I'd have thought whatever that figure is, that would be Accies baseline and given he's still under contract they'd be adding a decent amount + a sell on % clause on top of that.

When we laughed Hearts out the room after they offered £100k for Cadden, Robinson indicated that having done their sums the compensation that would have been due for him if he was out of contract was about £650k. IMO Accies should adding another £100k-£200k onto that sort of figure for their valuation.

2 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Id say a fee in the region of about 500 - 650k would be fair for Docherty.

Any more than that is a bit mental IMO.

It could be anywhere from 500 k to a million up front with add ons, McDonald is a fantastic negotiator with regards to selling products of the academy, Think he is in a strong position with the relative success the two James's have achieved down south, he can point to their continued place in teams within the EPL,it is a strong bargaining tool to have especially with English clubs.

It could be anywhere from 500 k to a million up front with add ons, McDonald is a fantastic negotiator with regards to selling products of the academy, Think he is in a strong position with the relative success the two James's have achieved down south, he can point to their continued place in teams within the EPL,it is a strong bargaining tool to have especially with English clubs.
I think it depends how desperate the club are to bring money in during this window to fill the gap for the missing loot but good to see they have stood strong to Sevco"s paltry offer.

12 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
34 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

I think it depends how desperate the club are to bring money in during this window to fill the gap for the missing loot but good to see they have stood strong to Sevco"s paltry offer.

Being honest with you the loss to fraud may force our hand more, but there can be no denying that we have recieved pretty much the maximum fees for the guys who went south, and I feel with McDonald negotiating any transfer we shall again accrue the maximum fee possible.

4 hours ago, happyaccie said:

They were sold almost 10 years ago, though. I'm not sure English clubs would look at two decent mid-table Premier League player and think they are a good metric for how well Docherty will do, or how much he'll cost. 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

They were sold almost 10 years ago, though. I'm not sure English clubs would look at two decent mid-table Premier League player and think they are a good metric for how well Docherty will do, or how much he'll cost. 

They were also key members of an FA cup winning side, but my whole point was really more about RM securing the best financial package possible as one of our starlets moves.

I agree with you btw, with regards to them moving almost a decade ago bearing no relevance to Docherty's impending departure.

Has he signed his pre contract with the **** yet btw? Or is he holding out for an English side as well.

Probably has been sold the short term move to us on the back of interesting the two Glasgow teams to be honest, if not by SC then by his agent.

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Does The club Twitter calling a loan move a ‘temporary transfer’ boil anyone else’s piss?

Nope.  Nothing wrong with using the correct terminology IMO.

I'm also great fun at parties.

Jack Hendry of Dundee is worth £1,500,000.

Docherty is twice the player Hendry is.

Docherty = Jack Hendry * 2

Jack Hendry * 2 = £3,000,000

∴ Docherty = £3,000,000

The debate has been solved with maths.

Everyone can begin to apologise starting now. 

5 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

Jack Hendry of Dundee is worth £1,500,000.

Docherty is twice the player Hendry is.

Docherty = Jack Hendry * 2

Jack Hendry * 2 = £3,000,000

∴ Docherty = £3,000,000

The debate has been solved with maths.

Everyone can begin to apologise starting now. 

Apologise for what exactly, you taking Dundee's valuation of Hendry as gospel ? Any players transfer valuation is determined by various factors, but the ultimate factor is what anyone is prepared to offer, it is then upto the parties involved to either accept or reject the offer, one thing I can almost gaurantee is Ronnie will not be receiving an e-mail offering north of 800k for Docherty.

Hendry for me is only likely to attract a bid in the 200-250k region.

Archived