IV - The Glorious Hamilton Accies 2017/2018 Forum

54 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Where do you rate Docherty amongst guys like McCarthy, McCarthur, Easton etc?

Hard one to call dindy, just on individual attributes McCarthy was ahead of them all, then it becomes a non related football thing, it comes down to the desire of individuals to which levels they attain, McArthur has had as successful career as possibly even he could have hoped for this was due to the lads desire to succeed, big Brian for me has underachieved he had all the attributes needed to go a big way in the game but just feel he lacked the desire of the other two to push on in his career, young Docherty on the other hand displays the same desire as the two James's but only time will tell if this transpires.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

In terms of money, what do other Accies fans feel Docherty is worth? With the rumoured sum that rangers are suggesting to be 600,000. I personally think we should push for a little bit more, and I think a sell on clause goes without saying.

Again it's hard to call LBA, the one thing in our favour is he is contracted till the summer 2020.

As is usually the case with us, interested clubs will submit bids and if they are acceptable the club will inform Greg, because he has the safeguard of a further 2.5 yrs left on his contract he might not be in a rush to leave, my own personal opinion is for the boy's career development, he would be better served by going in this window. I feel the guy needs a new challenge and that's why I feel a move south would be for the best for him. By moving to another club in Scotland I don't think that would advance Gregs career to the extent a move to England would achieve.

ETA a figure around £750,000 in the current market would probably secure his services.

55 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

In terms of money, what do other Accies fans feel Docherty is worth? With the rumoured sum that rangers are suggesting to be 600,000. I personally think we should push for a little bit more, and I think a sell on clause goes without saying.

If it is the ****  that we're likely to sell him to then I hope our club doesn't even consider sell on clauses and demand a full upfront payment. They're not exactly trustworthy on that front.

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

With the financial mess you mob are in I’m thinking 200k should do the trick.

Sake! You'll need to do better than that to get a bite.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

At least if he goes to the Hûns Happy will still be able to see him play.

With the financial mess you mob are in I’m thinking 200k should do the trick.

If he were to go for the figure you suggest, it would be more than the value of your entire squad.

15 hours ago, Laid-back Accie said:

£3Million. Anything less is a farce.

Just now, Im_Rodger said:

Who is worth more than Docherty then?

I would say he would probably be worth the same amount of money as Jones and someone like Greg Kiltie. If Kiltie hadn't been injured for so long he would be worth more. 

As I say, still not 3 million worth, Docherty is a good wee player but is he f**k worth that.

Rangers still seem to be under the impression that they're the only show in town and can get away with offering whatever they like for players and we should all be grateful to them. What they don't realise is there are plenty of teams down in England with far more money than them and who will prove to be a far more attractive offer as they will nurture talent rather than ruin it.

£300,000! :lol:

What a joke they are, absolutely laughable.

Apparently Preston have now showed interest, think that would be a great move for him, Alex knows what he's about, and will cater for him accordingly. And also if they do submit a bid, we know it will be something to actually consider.

18 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

£300,000! :lol:

What a joke they are, absolutely laughable.

Apparently Preston have now showed interest, think that would be a great move for him, Alex knows what he's about, and will cater for him accordingly. And also if they do submit a bid, we know it will be something to actually consider.

Did you seriously expect them to bid more ? The c***s are skint LBA and they think us diddy clubs will be thankful of their blue pound, I never agree with a Kilmarnock fan, but I'm with  C4mmy31 here and share his opinion we should all stand up collectively and tell these c***s they no longer have the financial clout of SDM to intimidate clubs now.

Archived