IV - The Glorious Hamilton Accies 2017/2018 Forum

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, happyaccie said:

Thank you for confirming my level of perfection.

7 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Did he have a plot to lose?

No, not really now you mention it...

On 11/01/2018 at 21:41, Im_Rodger said:

The club should have a total boycott of the BBC. 

No post match interviews, or coverage to be given from the SuperSeal. GET THEM ALL OUT NOW!

For reference:- 

Aye, that'll have them trembling in their boots down Pacific Quay ......

Ronny McDonald : A member of my board was contacted by a Rangers official on Friday afternoon to state their interest in Greg.

“He was passed my number if he wanted to take it further and as yet there has been no contact.

“I don’t deal in verbals. Unless there is an email waiting for me with an offer which has a figure there is no news. We’ll wait and see what develops but there is obvious interest in Greg.”

No offer made!! [emoji849] Put up or shut up Rangers . . .

Be prepared for a two week media onslaught about Docherty before you're offered £200k in seven instalments on the 29th.

4 hours ago, bomberharris said:

Ronny McDonald : A member of my board was contacted by a Rangers official on Friday afternoon to state their interest in Greg.

“He was passed my number if he wanted to take it further and as yet there has been no contact.

“I don’t deal in verbals. Unless there is an email waiting for me with an offer which has a figure there is no news. We’ll wait and see what develops but there is obvious interest in Greg.”

No offer made!! emoji849.png Put up or shut up Rangers . . .

^^^^^ totally agree with this post, it seems to be sevco's way of conducting business, it's a deliberate attempt to unsettle the player.

Sevco think that by operating in this manner it may force us to sell the lad, shame he has 2.5 yrs left on his contract then sevco ain't it.

R.McDonald is quite right to ask sevco to clarify their interest in Greg by giving the figures they are prepared to offer, in sevco's current financial state I cannot see them matching our clubs valuation.

With clubs south of the border also rumoured to be interested I just cannot see sevco being able to conclude the deal financially.

I know Accies are always desperate to sell on players, and despite all the generated media speculation, is it just me, or is it fair to say that Wee Docherty isn’t that good?

Hopefully I’ve not let the cat out of the bag here and Rangers rumble what’s going on. [emoji79]

The correct response to the lazy and offensive video package from the BBC is to complain to them a boycott would be useless as the BBCs general indifference to Hamilton is clear for all to see. A complaint won't be overly effective either but at least they will have to respond to you and explain there selves 

1 hour ago, Uncle Arthur said:

I know Accies are always desperate to sell on players, and despite all the generated media speculation, is it just me, or is it fair to say that Wee Docherty isn’t that good?

Hopefully I’ve not let the cat out of the bag here and Rangers rumble what’s going on. emoji79.png

It's just you I think Uncle, the lad has all the attributes to go very far in the game, strong, pacy, good passer ( though it can be improved on)  competitive in the air, good eye for goal but more importantly in the modern day game a great engine which allows him to be involved throughout the 90 mins instead of drifting in and out of the game.

Fair enough happy, it’s all about opinion. You’re right about his engine, but he is well below average for skill, ability and headering.
I think he does a job at Accies with our particular style of play, but I think he would struggle badly at most other clubs.
Good luck to him though if Accies pull this off, I hope he proves me wrong.

33 minutes ago, Uncle Arthur said:

Fair enough happy, it’s all about opinion. You’re right about his engine, but he is well below average for skill, ability and headering.
I think he does a job at Accies with our particular style of play, but I think he would struggle badly at most other clubs.
Good luck to him though if Accies pull this off, I hope he proves me wrong.

Technically the lad is sound, anyone who comes through any coaching in Scotland will lack the technical ability which youngsters from abroad have in spades, this is due to the coaching courses provided in Scotland.

These courses are limited to basic coaching skills and disregards the finer aspects of a player's development, but for what is produced in Scotland as a general rule Young Docherty is in the top bracket of what has come through over the last 10 years or so.

We as a nation are due to the lack of cash in our game concentrating more and more on the development of youngsters, unfortunately without the SFA employing a few overseas coaches I think we will produce a good standard of players,  but these players will unfortunately fall painfully short technique wise and this shall be the reason of our nations continued failure to qualify for World Cups & Euro Championships.

4 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Technically the lad is sound, anyone who comes through any coaching in Scotland will lack the technical ability which youngsters from abroad have in spades, this is due to the coaching courses provided in Scotland.

These courses are limited to basic coaching skills and disregards the finer aspects of a player's development, but for what is produced in Scotland as a general rule Young Docherty is in the top bracket of what has come through over the last 10 years or so.

We as a nation are due to the lack of cash in our game concentrating more and more on the development of youngsters, unfortunately without the SFA employing a few overseas coaches I think we will produce a good standard of players,  but these players will unfortunately fall painfully short technique wise and this shall be the reason of our nations continued failure to qualify for World Cups & Euro Championships.

Where do you rate Docherty amongst guys like McCarthy, McCarthur, Easton etc?

Archived