IV - The Glorious Hamilton Accies 2017/2018 Forum

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Im_Rodger said:

Club fined £2500.

SFA have absolutely lost it.

Disgusting.

You are like your hero DJT a clown, the club and Skondras have been given very amiable hearings resulting in lenient punitive action. Skondras in particular could have been dealt a more severe ban.We just need to accept the punishments lick our wounds and ensure there is no more major discipline issues for the remainder of this season.

19 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

The "failing to control their players" stuff is a fucking shambles, and it's not only up here. What, exactly, are the clubs supposed to do? Send a security force on to stop a melee?

All clubs are seen as being overall responsible for the conduct of their players.

If clubs had their own disciplinary code which was dishing out stiff financial penalties, incidents like the one which has been highlighted can be heat of the moment flare ups which clubs cannot really control, but the SFA still holds the club to part blame.

Ally Love on the other hand when his hearing is held will probably be given a stiffer penalty due to the SFA's high profile show racism the red card Project. I think Love will get an 8 game suspension and be told to undergo a therapy programme before being allowed to pull his boots on again.

13 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

The club should have a total boycott of the BBC. 

No post match interviews, or coverage to be given from the SuperSeal. GET THEM ALL OUT NOW!

For reference:- 

Can guarantee the replies to that tweet are as follows:

"Horrible wee club"

"Bring nothing to the SPL/SPFL/some other wrong name"

"Hammer throwers with no fans"

I think Ross County was the only one that was Accies' fault. McPhee dragged MacKinnon to the ground and Carson was the one who went over to Imrie to square up to him before Hartley shoved poor Douglas. 

11 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

All clubs are seen as being overall responsible for the conduct of their players.

If clubs had their own disciplinary code which was dishing out stiff financial penalties, incidents like the one which has been highlighted can be heat of the moment flare ups which clubs cannot really control, but the SFA still holds the club to part blame.

Ally Love on the other hand when his hearing is held will probably be given a stiffer penalty due to the SFA's high profile show racism the red card Project. I think Love will get an 8 game suspension and be told to undergo a therapy programme before being allowed to pull his boots on again.

The clubs can have all of the codes they want but if a player still decides to do what those players did, whatelse can be done?

That's why it's a joke. It's a punishment for the sake of a punishment. Not a deterrrant.

14 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

The club should have a total boycott of the BBC. 

No post match interviews, or coverage to be given from the SuperSeal. GET THEM ALL OUT NOW!

For reference:- 

So you are advocating the club's suspension from the SPFL ? You like Trump open your mouth and let tripe flow freely from it, to have a blanket ban as your suggesting will result in our membership being suspended for failing to comply with the SPFL 's television agreement with the BBC. 

Sevco thought they could ban the BBC tv coverage, only to be made aware that would result in them being suspended.By all means if the club feel they are being treated unfairly by the BBC they can impose the same restrictions that sevco have, but I would hate my club to follow any examples set by sevco.

2 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

The clubs can have all of the codes they want but if a player still decides to do what those players did, whatelse can be done?

That's why it's a joke. It's a punishment for the sake of a punishment. Not a deterrrant.

I agree if an individual loses his discipline in a heat of the moment incident, the club should not be held responsible and that matter shall be dealt with by the match officials.

Where the SFA have a case is when other players who are not directly involved in the initial incident take matters into their own hands and the situation escalates into the ugly scenes that transpired. 

That is why there has been a penalty imposed against the club, this has been the case for as long as I can recall and will probably remain the situation in the future.

12 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

So you are advocating the club's suspension from the SPFL ? You like Trump open your mouth and let tripe flow freely from it, to have a blanket ban as your suggesting will result in our membership being suspended for failing to comply with the SPFL 's television agreement with the BBC. 

Sevco thought they could ban the BBC tv coverage, only to be made aware that would result in them being suspended.By all means if the club feel they are being treated unfairly by the BBC they can impose the same restrictions that sevco have, but I would hate my club to follow any examples set by sevco.

Not what I am saying at all. Just do not allow the BBC to report our live matches from NDP. As well as that, Canning to refuse any sort of interview. They still are allowed to record the match live and they can report it live from a studio in Glasgow.

Rangers were bitter c***s who couldn't accept criticism.

This was blatantly an anti Accies tweet attempting to make our club look like a bunch of hammer throwers.  

A boycott would send the BBC a clear message not to blatantly attempt to shame our club.

Even if it was just until the end of this season. 

We should be treated the same way any other club in this league would be expected to be treated.  

Archived