IV - The Glorious Hamilton Accies 2017/2018 Forum

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given that he’s currently our third choice striker (have we seen enough of Biabi already?), he’s a good option to come off the bench. He also gives us pace that our first two choices don’t really have.

Bingham's head goes down the very first time things don't go his way or if he makes a mistake. If he learns to not let these things bother him so much he'll be a useful player.
His pace and finishing (sometimes) are great. His goal against Inverness last season at home was brilliant.

Finishing [emoji23] Assume you weren’t @ EK away?

• 2 weeks later...
Thoughts on our summer recruitments so far? 

Fulton: not as bad as Jamieson but still incredibly shaky.
Tomas: I’m far from convinced, but he is capable of some very solid performances. Devlin will probably come in for him when he’s back.
Biabi: we’ve not seen much of him - in my opinion, with good reason. He offers very little other than a bit of strength.
Rojano: I’m very impressed so far. He’s tenacious, mobile and good in the air, and while he won’t get as many chances because he’s not the type to create things for himself (see Templeton), he’s much more of a team player. I’d just love to see him score more. He’s also formed a good partnership with Templeton.
Other than Rojano, our best business of the summer was managing to get Skondras to re-sign and do a u-turn. We’re a markedly better team when he’s at the top of his game.

Fulton: not as bad as Jamieson but still incredibly shaky.
Tomas: I’m far from convinced, but he is capable of some very solid performances. Devlin will probably come in for him when he’s back.
Biabi: we’ve not seen much of him - in my opinion, with good reason. He offers very little other than a bit of strength.
Rojano: I’m very impressed so far. He’s tenacious, mobile and good in the air, and while he won’t get as many chances because he’s not the type to create things for himself (see Templeton), he’s much more of a team player. I’d just love to see him score more. He’s also formed a good partnership with Templeton.
Other than Rojano, our best business of the summer was managing to get Skondras to re-sign and do a u-turn. We’re a markedly better team when he’s at the top of his game.

I think Tomas is improving every week. Will end up being a very good signing.

Will not happen. We don’t spend money on a player to only play him for half a season. IF we ever see Devlin playing again this season it’ll be Sarris/Gogic dropped for ‘captain fantastic’

I think Tomas is improving every week. Will end up being a very good signing.

He was very poor at Ibrox, although he has indeed improved since County. I’ll give him until Christmas before truly letting him off the hook, though, as he’s capable of some crazy moments - like all of our centre-backs.
f**k it. What a signing.

Tomas 6/10 - has played well enough I'd say, and seems to be settling in as he gets more time, not a revelation, and can make the odd bizarre tackle.

Fulton 5/10 - looks shaky but has shown that there is something there that hopefully will develop as he gets older. Jamieson has probably helped his rating.

Biabi 3/10 - like I said at the start of the season, he'd see very little game time, as he'd be behind Bingham and Rojano when he arrived, his only hope was that Rojano would have been a dud. Gave him something as iirc either set up a goal or won us a penalty.

Rojano 8/10 - A lot of negatively surrounded this signing, due to the length it took to get the work permit, so there was a lot of pressure on him to be a decent performer, so far he seems to have proved his worth, his work rate and ball control seem to be top class, and his fast becoming many fans favourite player.

9 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Fulton: Better than Jamieson, not as good as Woods.

Tomas: improved a lot since Canning gave him a toe up the arse after the County? game. Gets a hard time from some because he’s a foreign transfer, who would let Devlin away with it when making the same errors.

Biabi: Pointless.

Rojano: Very Glad that he actually exists after much doubt early on. Great business by the club shame it took so long to get it done.

Paolo Buzzi: Revelation for the U20s. Can only think he’s leaving at the end of the month as he has had an offer from a top club..

Two points : it was indeed after the County game that Canning had his public outburst about Tomas, saying Tomas had to be more responsible for his own actions, apart from the odd blip especially the concession of free kicks on the edge of our box he has improved a lot, he also appears to be the leader at the back so overall I am content with his arrival.

The second point is the business regarding Rojano was not entirely down to the club, the transfer of a players registration from overseas clubs can be a long drawn out process, the club asked the governing bodies of the relevant authorities to intervene and were hopeful that would permit his registration being transferred quicker, unfortunately for the club this did not play out as was hoped, and if I'm being honest along with fellow fans it looked like the club were being amateurish in finalising his signing. He was actually signed quite quickly after his arrival and the delay on him being able to make his debut was not the clubs fault.

I know Accies never have an official player of the season awards but IMO this is what It has been the past few Seasons.

2017/2018 - Not Complete yet but the frontrunners are Docherty, Templeton and Woods. (Ladbrokes Premiership)

2016/2017 - Darian Mackinnon (Ladbrokes Premiership - (O) (11th))

2015/2016 - Michael McGovern (Ladbrokes Premiership - (10th))

2014/2015 - Anthony Andreu (Scottish Premiership - (7th))

2013/2014 - Anthony Andreu (Scottish Championship - (P) (2nd))

2012/2013 - Stevie May (Irn Bru First Division - (5th))

2011/2012 - Ziggy Gordon (Irn Bru First Division - (4th))

2010/2011 - Dougie Imrie (Clydesdale Bank Premier League - (R) (12th))

2009/2010 - Simon Mensing (Clydesdale Bank Premier League - (7th))

2008/2009 - James McArthur (Clydesdale Bank Premier League - (9th))

2007/2008 - James McCarthy (Irn Bru First Division - (C) (P) (1st))

My personal opinion don't get angry bois.

Archived