IV - The Glorious Hamilton Accies 2017/2018 Forum

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You can relax, you've got Biggie white knighting you now.

I think you'll find you were just making a c**t of yourself and no "white knighting" was required.

+

As far as I can see Biggie just replied to your pathetic attempt at banter...

Thanks for trying tho, but you're quickly becoming as interesting as a St Johnstone fan & taking over a thread that was so much more fun before your blubbery gunt turned up

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Only thing more embarrassing than this is going bankrupt and not paying your creditors.

Twice.

Your obsession with Dundee (let’s be honest that’s what you are referring to) is more embarrassing.  Even on a Hamilton related thread you have Dundee in your thoughts.   

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Your obsession with Dundee (let’s be honest that’s what you are referring to) is more embarrassing.  Even on a Hamilton related thread you have Dundee in your thoughts.   

That's an interesting take on things.  I make a single reference to Dundee and all their apologists jump to their defence yet I'm the one being accussed of being obsessed.

Maybe your right on one thing, maybe I (we) should let this thread revert to the Hamilton situation.

28 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Don't talk shite.Some of us have been through the hell of having players going on strike,being deducted 15 points and paying the players wages during that hellish period...young ones haven't a clue what we went through and we have intention of ever returning to those days.........EVER.

I doubt you'll have a choice how this plays out. However, Accies supporters have generally turned a blind eye to the malevolent outfit propping up their false league position. As have league and SFA Authorities. There will be a putrid smell left even if this scam is so sophisticated that it baffles anyone investigating. It's another example of endemic corruption throughout Scottish football.

1 hour ago, Owsley said:

He's still the agent of choice for most of our young players. This won't be his doing but it disgusts me that nobody at the club puts an arm round these kids to say maybe this guy, with his extremely chequered psst, isn't the best person to represent you. What are their parents thinking?  Maybe they look at McArthur and McCarthy who were with him, and see pound signs. Surely you've got to have some standards?

If someone from Accies puts their arm round your shoulders, it's your jacket their after.

F**k me so in your opinion you would rather the club be liquidated rather than recieve help from other member clubs , you are seriously deluded but I wouldn't mind being able to apply your logic to you're beloved Conservative party .

No I would rather the fans raised the money themselves to help the club while achieving more board level transparency.

Oh wait forgot I’m a Tory so therefore I’m not allowed to have good ideas.

34 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

You really cannot sit there and try and insult our board by making out they aren't "pro-active" enough when yours has just fell for a Nigerian phone scam. 

You also have Martin Canning as a manger. 

Nigerian phone scam ? If this is confirmed I will vent my feelings towards the club , until then I shall treat the tasteless speculation with the contempt it deserves.

15 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

No I would rather the fans raised the money themselves to help the club while achieving more board level transparency.

Oh wait forgot I’m a Tory so therefore I’m not allowed to have good ideas.

Do you think with a fanbase of 1,000-1,500 and no known philanthropist amongst us we would be able to launch a ultimately sucessful fighting fund ? I shall agree with your point about transparency but fans of clubs throughout Scotland  encounter this also and fail to achieve any positive outcome with regard to this issue.

7 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Do you think with a fanbase of 1,000-1,500 and no known philanthropist amongst us we would be able to launch a ultimately sucessful fighting fund ? I shall agree with your point about transparency but fans of clubs throughout Scotland  encounter this also and fail to achieve any positive outcome with regard to this issue.

This tbf, we had 5000+ chipping in and still struggled

&

As for transparency we got a bit at first but then the fans reps became as bad as the previous boards and stopped telling us anything (we obvs had nae money or credit along with c***s like Gardiner fking things up too but the basic points the same I think)

1 minute ago, locheedee said:

This tbf, we had 5000+ chipping in and still struggled

&

As for transparency we got a bit at first but then the fans reps became as bad as the previous boards and stopped telling us anything (we obvs had nae money or credit along with c***s like Gardiner fking things up too but the basic points the same I think)

your outlook on the transparency issue , would imo  be the outcome at every club, you would get engagement with the boardroom for a short period of time before it fizzled out , as I have stated elsewhere on here the only way of fans achieving their objectives would be a mass refusal to renew season tickets this would perhaps lead to more transparency.

10 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

the only way of fans achieving their objectives would be a mass refusal to renew season tickets this would perhaps lead to more transparency.

We threatened this too but we could never get a big enough group to agree on the issue - could maybe work with a smaller fanbase but I think it's just a problem getting a group of bevvied up fitba fans to agree on anything is near impossible.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

That's an interesting take on things.  I make a single reference to Dundee and all their apologists jump to their defence yet I'm the one being accussed of being obsessed.

Maybe your right on one thing, maybe I (we) should let this thread revert to the Hamilton situation.

^^^^^^Obsessed, bitter and twisted. IMO. 

From the report on the STV website it looks like they have been the victim of a vishing scam. Generally, these will be done over a number of days to accumulate information and then the money would be lifted in a big bang type approach. 

The thing is, you don't get this information from phoning the wee office girl, so someone fairly high up will have been targeted, either by vishing over the phone or malware through Phishing. 

Hopefully the club can prove RBS fraud rules have failed and can claim the money back. If they can't, the bank will hold the club liable and that'll be that.

Archived