IV - The Glorious Hamilton Accies 2017/2018 Forum

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, I hope this bizarre situation doesn't completely f**k Accies as it would be a shite way for their run in the top league to end. 

Secondly, this feels like someone has made a Galaxy-class f**k-up and so there may be some P&B merriment that lasts for some years.... 

2 minutes ago, harry94 said:

On a serious note (maybe someone who handles large sums of money as a job), does this thing normally happen? I would have thought that there would normally be standard insurance procedures for things like this?

I've worked in personal banking and you deal with the odd person who has an absolute fuckload of cash but it's very difficult to get it out of one account to another unless someone has all the info needed.

I'd take a guess at it being something to do with Rojano. Argentine forward who's most recently played in Bolivia, signed on August 22nd with a view to playing against Celtic on Sept 8th after international clearance goes through. Mid-October and still no sign of him in the team. Sounds like a fake agent style stitch up if there has been some sort of signing on fees paid to an intermediary.

Tbh it's the only sort of scenario I can see that would come close to be able to be described as elaborate as opposed to just regular run of the mill fraud. The mental picture of an Ocean's 11 style job happening at NDP is quite something though. 

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I'd take a guess at it being something to do with Rojano. Argentine forward who's most recently played in Bolivia, signed on August 22nd with a view to playing against Celtic on Sept 8th after international clearance goes through. Mid-October and still no sign of him in the team. Sounds like a fake agent style stitch up if there has been some sort of signing on fees paid to an intermediary.

Tbh it's the only sort of scenario I can see that would come close to be able to be described as elaborate as opposed to just regular run of the mill fraud. The mental picture of an Ocean's 11 style job happening at NDP is quite something though. 

I doubt it. Surely if we were paying any money for Rojano, it wouldn't be enough to cripple the club financially if the cash disappeared?  The club need to be as transparent with this as they legally can be as people will just assume the worst.

4 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I doubt it. Surely if we were paying any money for Rojano, it wouldn't be enough to cripple the club financially if the cash disappeared?  The club need to be as transparent with this as they legally can be as people will just assume the worst.

For someone to take a substantial amount of cash from the club someone has to have known how much was in there in the first place, it's suspicious as f**k to me.

[baseless speculation] If it's a fraud involving the club's bank accounts, it's likely to be someone who already has access to them rather than some outside entity [/baseless speculation] 

1 minute ago, Im_Rodger said:

Small attendances.

You are really showing just how thick a Tory you are with that statement , if you have nothing to say constructive on the disclosures made by the club in the past 24 hrs I would implore you to wheesht.

Archived