IV - The Glorious Hamilton Accies 2017/2018 Forum

This signing isn't happening, is it?

I said that a couple of weeks ago. Only thing that makes me think it just might happen is the guy has been round the club for weeks.

We were told he had an Italian passport but that is obviously bollox.

The lack of communication from the club is pathetic and absolutely what I expect from them.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

Bonkers, but I like it. Collins sticking to the drumming too...

28 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

I know it's not cool, but some of Collins work is a guilty pleasure of mine. Preferred his solo work more but Genesis had their fair share of good songs too. Including the one's you've mentioned above, I also liked Turn It On Again, Throwing It All Away and Follow You, Follow Me.

tl;dr

10 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

You can retire that username now. 

Despite being ragdolled by Celtic, it could have been a worse weekend for us. Results elsewhere at the bottom pretty much going our way and us not losing much ground. Hopefully we can pick ourselves up and take it to Hearts. I'm hoping for at least a point from that game.

On 9/6/2017 at 23:37, Patrick Bateman said:

I thought this sounded familiar....

Whats your view on Huey Lewis and the News?

Archived