French Open Tennis 2017

lichtie23

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank f**k that didn't go into a final set. Considering Klizan was milking things at the start of the fourth though, that was a good test to come through.

Get past del Potro and he's really cooking with gas.

Although I usually prefer taller women, I must admit to having something for wee Halep. pinilla.png

I always used to have a thing for azarenko(name probably spelt wrong) but anyway... no one could understand it... but for some reason I thought she was pure filth. Nothing to do with the grunting, she just looked filth...

18 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I always used to have a thing for azarenko(name probably spelt wrong) but anyway... no one could understand it... but for some reason I thought she was pure filth. Nothing to do with the grunting, she just looked filth...

Bit of a jaw on her, Azarenka. Still an obvious wid, though.

Watched bits and pieces of the Murray match today. First set was rubbish, he was just floating it back into the middle of the court for Klizan to finish however he wanted, but Andy picked things up in the next few sets. I felt he went to the drop shot far too frequently, but he did improve as the match went on and it feels like he's playing himself slowly into form. An injured Del Potro next might help in that regard as well, and I bet we see a lot of that drop shot again.

Names in this half of the draw falling, as well - Zverev went in R1 and then Berdych and Kyrgios today. Promising if Andy can keep building his form.

I have seen very little thus far.  Saw the last part of Andy's match on Tuesday and saw Gasquet last night and Nadal today.  Nadal and Gasquet looked absolutely magnificent.  There is a cracking set of matches in store tomorrow with Del Potro against Murray the marquee match  - sublime defence against monstrous attack.  Gasquet Vs Monfils, Wawrinka Vs Fognini and Chung Vs Nishikori should see a lot of great attacking tennis and clowning around occur.  I am going for Fognini to clown around more than Clownfils though.

Yep great day of tennis tomorrow. If Del Potro can stay fit I think he will win. Lots of Murray's shots have been going far too short which Del Potro will love.

If Murray wins I think he will make the final. The draw has opened up quite nicely for him.

1 hour ago, ftk said:

Nadal has this in the bag barring injury. The greatest player of all time imo.

Federer for me; seems to glide around court and never break sweat.

When it's going badly for Nadal he slows the game right down and picks his arse.

I'd have Djokovic ahead of Nadal, although Nadal still has time to better Federer's achievements - Federer is the greatest of latest times. Borg and Laver also in the mix for the GOAT mantle.

Radwanska surrendered her serve each time to ensure Murray is on a bit quicker. Should have started by mid day.

Archived