WoS cup final Pollok v Cumnock

superpollok

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

08d4a51f5d1700f4f849080349c98d7f.jpg

Some boys.

Cracking photo but does anyone else think the west trophy isn't quite as flambouyant looking as it should be for the achievement that there is in winning it? 

Remember thinking this when we won it in 2008/2009, for me if should be a big flashy looking trophy and its a bit underwhelming looking . 

Cracking photo but does anyone else think the west trophy isn't quite as flambouyant looking as it should be for the achievement that there is in winning it? 
Remember thinking this when we won it in 2008/2009, for me if should be a big flashy looking trophy and its a bit underwhelming looking . 

We were saying that in our group at the end of the game. Been so long since we won it had forgotten how it looked. But wasn't caring how the trophy looked just happy that Gal got his hands on it.

4 minutes ago, superpollok said:

We were saying that in our group at the end of the game. Been so long since we won it had forgotten how it looked. But wasn't caring how the trophy looked just happy that Gal got his hands on it.

Exactly mate just like us back then when we won it as it was the first ever major I've saw beith winning in my life after so many nearly things , I was expecting a huge trophy with a lid that could be taken off and the trophy filled with whisky , however it didn't detract from great celebrations in the town for us that night one bit, much like it will be up your way tonight , have a great night . 

Well done to our players! Not the best performance of the season but really dug it out in the end.

Commiserations to Cumnock. They were the better team over the 90mins. As we learned last season there is no crueler way to lose a cup final. 

First west win in 17 years and the first I've seen so personally I'm delighted. Some demons from Kilmarnock excercised as well.

Well said Jack.We have however been mediocre this season and the manager will need to bring in quality new blood in key positions especially midfield and up front if we are to challenge seriously next season.For much of the game today we were second best.

Congratulations Pollok. Thoroughly enjoyed the match today as both teams tried to win it, rather than trying to avoid losing. Great advert for junior football. As others have said, Cumnock were the better side, but Pollok never gave up. Thought both sets of supporters turned out in force and the atmosphere was decent and always good natured. Just the way it should be. Given neither of these sides were top five in the league bodes well for another exciting Super Premier next season.

5 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

Home advantage.

Didn't feel like it when we were 0-1 and 1-2 down or when Cumnock kept hitting the woodwork etc

Maybe another club's supporter and his/her business would like to take over sponsorship from NCA in future and insist the final is at THEIR ground?

:P

Didn't feel like it when we were 0-1 and 1-2 down or when Cumnock kept hitting the woodwork etc
Maybe another club's supporter and his/her business would like to take over sponsorship from NCA in future and insist the final is at THEIR ground?
[emoji14]

To be fair it's a decent venue for a final and we should just be thankful that we have a company who are willing and able to provide sponsorship.

2 minutes ago, Nock10 said:

To be fair it's a decent venue for a final and we should just be thankful that we have a company who are willing and able to provide sponsorship.

Probably the best all round venue for the final , transport wise and all in but still don't think that the wee baldy guy who owns new coins automatic should have the right to insist its always played at his own teans ground every season just because he sponsors it , and the fact he has gave the trophy out in the past to a team whilst pissed out his Mind is an embarrassment to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, Nock10 said:

Thank you for that.

Despite the sporadic showers it was indeed a great occasion, played in a very friendly atmosphere.

Nock had every reason to feel hard done by regarding the result, but supporters, players, coaches and committee were all very gracious in defeat - something we haven't always experienced at Newlandsfield after high-profile matches. As far as I could see there was absolutely no crowd trouble and you guys were all a credit to your club and your town.

Archived