WoS cup final Pollok v Cumnock

superpollok

Tomorrow's big cup final in Glasgow southside kicks off at 1pm.

We haven't won this for years, and I have a feeling Cumnock are the same.

An opportunity for Cumnock to keep all of the major 3 trophies that west teams can win in East Ayrshire, or hopefully Pollok can win a trophy that has eluded us for quite a while.

I am sure if the weather is like it has been there will be a good turn out regardless of the side show at Hampden.

Sure it will be a good game and can't recall the last time (if ever in my life time) both sides met in a cup final.

MTLN

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cumnock have never won it and it is our first final since 1984.

Here is to a great entertaining game without any controversy.

We've had a hard run to the final playing Clydebank, Kilbirnie, Blantyre Vics, Rob Roy and Talbot so surely we deserve it, haha

I'm sure Cumnock fans will be given a cordial welcome at Newlandsfield tomorrow.

Be aware though that the no-alcohol-in-the-ground rule will be enforced by security outside the turnstiles.

Admission prices are £7 for adults and £3 for concessions.

I'll be manning one of the gates, so please tender the correct money if you possibly can and make my task a lot easier!! :thumsup2

We've had a hard run to the final playing Clydebank, Kilbirnie, Blantyre Vics, Rob Roy and Talbot so surely we deserve it, haha

That is a tough run.

It's a hard one to call, as first league game was one of our better performances of the season while the second half at Cumnock you tore us apart.

You have went into the game on a bit of form beating big sides, while our league campaign finished with poor performances but our cup form has been pretty good all year and generally under Tony with one notable exception back in November.

5 minutes ago, superpollok said:

That is a tough run.

It's a hard one to call, as first league game was one of our better performances of the season while the second half at Cumnock you tore us apart.

You have went into the game on a bit of form beating big sides, while our league campaign finished with poor performances but our cup form has been pretty good all year and generally under Tony with one notable exception back in November.

I noticed you hadn't won a league game since January that surprised me a bit.

Think the bookies have it right, not much in it but Pollok slight favourites with home advantage.

It has all the makings of a great game.

I noticed you hadn't won a league game since January that surprised me a bit.
Think the bookies have it right, not much in it but Pollok slight favourites with home advantage.
It has all the makings of a great game.

Over the season in league and cup only Glenafton and Kilwinning have beat us at home.
Kilwinning game we should probably have snatched a draw as the first 30 minutes cost us that day.

While away from home it's been shocking.

Hopefully our home form continues tomorrow !

(Q the comments from various posters about not a neutral venue )

43 minutes ago, archieb said:

I'm sure Cumnock fans will be given a cordial welcome at Newlandsfield tomorrow.

Be aware though that the no-alcohol-in-the-ground rule will be enforced by security outside the turnstiles.

Admission prices are £7 for adults and £3 for concessions.

I'll be manning one of the gates, so please tender the correct money if you possibly can and make my task a lot easier!! :thumsup2

I'm bringing a £50 pound note

2 hours ago, CC1987 said:

that's a big surprise. Must be the biggest team not to have won it. Best of luck in sorting that out. 

Archived