WoS cup final Pollok v Cumnock

superpollok

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw big scott Anson missed a pen but if it weren't for that big guy nock wouldn't have beat Talbot in the semi final and been in today's final , so he can't be hard on himself , personally I would love to see big scott In a  beith Jersey in a few years , good big target man , 

5 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Probably the best all round venue for the final , transport wise and all in but still don't think that the wee baldy guy who owns new coins automatic should have the right to insist its always played at his own teans ground every season just because he sponsors it , and the fact he has gave the trophy out in the past to a team whilst pissed out his Mind is an embarrassment to be honest. 

the parking is non existant.the toilets are a disgrace.

Totally agree . You can park in Morrissons subject to a 2 hour stay & then you are liable for a charge . As for the toilets ? You can ask to go & use the toilets in the pavilion if you need to .
But when in this day & age should you have to ask to go to use the toilet?

8 minutes ago, nedexco1 said:

1 minute ago, fan of the juniors said:

Totally agree . You can park in Morrissons subject to a 2 hour stay & then you are liable for a charge . As for the toilets ? You can ask to go & use the toilets in the pavilion if you need to .

There's plenty of free parking in the nearby streets e.g. across Kilmarnock Road if you don't want to risk Morrison's (btw their parking charge notices have no legal standing and can't be enforced, you just ignore the letters - I've got a bundle lol) - and it's a 3 hour stay you're supposed to be allowed now I'm pretty sure.

Totally agree about the toilets (or lack of) - they're an embarassment. And the pavilion lavvies (including the only ladies' !!!) were out of bounds today on the orders of the West Region nobs & high-heid-yins who took over our main meeting room for their private use!!

19 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Saw big scott Anson missed a pen but if it weren't for that big guy nock wouldn't have beat Talbot in the semi final and been in today's final , so he can't be hard on himself , personally I would love to see big scott In a  beith Jersey in a few years , good big target man , 

here here.no blame on him.one of the best strikers in junior football.29 goals this season.wonder what the shettleson  fan who said when we signed him he would be lucky to score 6 goals..

There's plenty of free parking in the nearby streets e.g. across Kilmarnock Road if you don't want to risk Morrison's (btw their parking charge notices have no legal standing and can't be enforced, you just ignore the letters - I've got a bundle lol) - and it's a 3 hour stay you're supposed to be allowed now I'm pretty sure.
Totally agree about the toilets (or lack of) - they're an embarassment. And the pavilion lavvies (including the only ladies' !!!) were out of bounds today on the orders of the West Region nobs & high-heid-yins who took over our main meeting room for their private use!!

I've had my things to say about Lok over the years rightly or wrongly but when you don't even have somewhere for all to use basic toiletry needs then is the stadium even fit for purpose ?
We got questioned by the Pollok management & a good few of their support last season due to our boiler breaking down But when you don't even have a viable toilet facility then surely questions must be asked as to why our showpiece regional final is getting held at such a ground
Is the new coin automatic money worth as much as to the fans of clubs can't even use basic facilities ?

37 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

I've had my things to say about Lok over the years rightly or wrongly but when you don't even have somewhere for all to use basic toiletry needs then is the stadium even fit for purpose ?
We got questioned by the Pollok management & a good few of their support last season due to our boiler breaking down But when you don't even have a viable toilet facility then surely questions must be asked as to why our showpiece regional final is getting held at such a ground
Is the new coin automatic money worth as much as to the fans of clubs can't even use basic facilities ?

There's nothing wrong with the loos in the pavilion. We could certainly do with more though and it was crazy that the ladies was unavailable for at least some of the time today. Blame the West Region for that though, not Pollok!

There's nothing wrong with the loos in the pavilion. We could certainly do with more though and it was crazy that the ladies was unavailable for at least some of the time today. Blame the West Region for that though, not Pollok!

Or blame the sponsor for insisting the final was held at Pollok ?

It's actually 3 hours if you cared to read the sign at Morrisons.

Not a probem with street parking if you don't need to be outside the door and can arrive more than 5 mins before kick off - all down Auldhouse Road (just the other side of Morrisons), a few streets the other side of Kilmarnock Road, street I parked in could have taken another 100 or so cars and was less than a 5 minute walk to the gate.

The bogs are an utter disgrace - without knowing the fatcats had turned it into a cat litter, I just went to Morrisons rather than use the pavilion or Lok's B&K.

Congratulations to Pollok FC, on winning the west of Scotland cup, commiserations to Cumnock Juniors, who imo, are a real threat next year!!

Agree Cumnock looked a very good side.

McRobbie is one of the most dangerous players I have seen this season, not sure how consistent he is as only seen him play is. But he came on as a sub in both league games and was excellent, destroyed us at Townhead park, and as Hertha said, most people would love to have Anson in their side.

Beating us in the league seems to have been some sort of turning point for them, as I recall speaking to a few fans and they were saying if they lost that day the manager was on his way out and it was Henderson coming in. Instead they won that day have went on to finish well in the league, beat Talbot and Roy on way to final and were seconds away from winning the WoS for the first time.

Archived