Fri night game get out the house

6 hours ago, combineharvester said:

Cracking night for game as neilston  host greenock at brig o lea. 7:30 ko

Took your advice and went along. A lovely night to watch some football. 2-1 to Neilston, they bossed it and should have won by more. Highlight of the night was Greenock's number 6 Mooney being sent off for biting Neilston's number 8 Diack on the nose. He was still bleeding an hour later, looked like a stitch or two might be needed. Unprovoked and in other circumstances Mooney could've been talking to the boys in blue tonight. If anyone makes a complaint he still could.

Thing that struck me most though was the amount of drinking. I've only rarely seen anyone drink at the football, but this was widespread and blatant, three squads working their way through carry-outs and others partaking of the odd can. By the end it looked less like a football ground and more like T in the Park. Is that normal?

34 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Was it there manager Stevie Mooney who bit the guy? Maybe he was showing his team he wants more bite out them lol

Mon the papers

Dunno, all I know is it was their number 6, and the whiteboard said that was Mooney. It would have caused an all-out rammy if the referee hadn't got in quick with the red card.

lhp's right, that pitch was luscious, as many seem to be these days. I was at Bonnyrigg the other night, you could have played tennis on that pitch, but Neilston's is probably even better.

Just now, Brig O'Lea said:

This was the pitch before the game against Greenock this evening.  The boys do some work on it!

bol1.jpg

I was amused to see in the programme that two of the groundsmen have the surname Lawn :lol:

On 26 May 2017 at 22:55, GordonS said:

Took your advice and went along. A lovely night to watch some football. 2-1 to Neilston, they bossed it and should have won by more. Highlight of the night was Greenock's number 6 Mooney being sent off for biting Neilston's number 8 Diack on the nose. He was still bleeding an hour later, looked like a stitch or two might be needed. Unprovoked and in other circumstances Mooney could've been talking to the boys in blue tonight. If anyone makes a complaint he still could.

Thing that struck me most though was the amount of drinking. I've only rarely seen anyone drink at the football, but this was widespread and blatant, three squads working their way through carry-outs and others partaking of the odd can. By the end it looked less like a football ground and more like T in the Park. Is that normal?

Nae marawanna?

On 26/05/2017 at 22:55, GordonS said:

Of course it's normal football and few scoops go hand in hand

On 27/05/2017 at 02:51, GordonS said:

I was amused to see in the programme that two of the groundsmen have the surname Lawn :lol:

On 27/05/2017 at 02:55, Brig O'Lea said:

Yup, Jim and Geordie.

And their cousin Mo

On 5/26/2017 at 22:55, GordonS said:

If there was no aggro then I'm all in favour of this. 

On 29/05/2017 at 08:28, Shanner said:

If there was no aggro then I'm all in favour of this. 

It was a great night Shanner.  A great start to a holiday weekend, decent crowd, hottest day of the year, a great advert for Friday night football.

Archived