Best footballing 11

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Controversial!

I know that Jeffries used Smith as a full back but didn't he play his best football for Falkirk as a sweeper/centre half when he first broke through. I'm going on my dad's opinion on that though as I was too young to really remember.

My crowning glory as a Falkirk fan was being picked to present him with the BP Junior Bairns Player Of The Year (my dad voted for him on my behalf)on the pitch when I was 9 in the saltcoats incident season before a meaningless end of season 2-2 draw with Forfar.  

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's NSFW to be honest, but it involved CT entering a hotel room wearing nothing but goalie gloves and leaving with a smile on his face.

I'll try to remember to ask next time I see you.

1 hour ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I know that Jeffries used Smith as a full back but didn't he play his best football for Falkirk as a sweeper/centre half when he first broke through. I'm going on my dad's opinion on that though as I was too young to really remember.

My crowning glory as a Falkirk fan was being picked to present him with the BP Junior Bairns Player Of The Year (my dad voted for him on my behalf)on the pitch when I was 9 in the saltcoats incident season before a meaningless end of season 2-2 draw with Forfar.  

Possibly but let's not forget that these teams are all about football ability and technique. A lot of my team for instance couldn't tackle a fish supper.

26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Possibly but let's not forget that these teams are all about football ability and technique. A lot of my team for instance couldn't tackle a fish supper.

Yeah I'm questioning hypothetical positions in a team made up from different eras. Would have Tommy McQueen in there though.

Yeah was  a tough call on that one ... Just thought that front three would cause no end of hassle ,   

In a way yeah you prob back Dalziel to score in a game but this is fantasy fitba am going for entertaining 

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Surprised at no mention of Tosh? By the Qots fans, classy player. Scored in the semi with his dick aswell I'm sure.

I was bound to forget someone obvious! Yes Tosher would definitely be first midfielder in my eleven.

De vries
McNamara Rossi skerla grondin
Hamill Kozma Nicholson Moore
O'Boyle Faissal

Star players, entertainers and what could've beens.
Brewster
Crawford
Fleming
Mccathie
Westwater
On the bench for just because

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Er. This is awkward.

Surprised at no mention of Tosh? By the Qots fans, classy player. Scored in the semi with his dick aswell I'm sure.

It was the final were he scored that unconventional goal.

He did also open the score in the semi and he was the best player on the pitch that day. Top player.

Guest Flash
13 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Er. This is awkward.

He scored with a semi in the final.

1 hour ago, football maniac said:

Don't know what it was but I found Tosh an incredibly frustrating player. I'm also surprised to see Dom Thomas mentioned on here. Yes his first 4 games were fantastic but after that I thought he was woeful.

Once we stopped playing Tosh out wide in order to accommodate Scally and McFarlane in centre mid he was a great player for us. His display in the cup semi against Aberdeen was superb especially in the latter part of the match where his experience was absolutely crucial.

22 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

marciano (slim pickings tbh)

whittaker

bamba

ambrose

murphy

latapy

allan

claros

malonga

riordan

stokes

Surely you could go back a bit further to get better than Marciano? I'm no Hibs fan but can't help think of Scottish keepers from the past better than he is?

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Once we stopped playing Tosh out wide in order to accommodate Scally and McFarlane in centre mid I though he was a great player for us. His display in the cup semi against Aberdeen was superb especially in the latter part of the match where his experience was absolutely crucial.

I will take to my grave the memory of Tosher keeping the ball from about three Aberdeen players in the corner about 100 yards from our goal deep in injury time, winning a throw then turning to our fans and thumping his own chest. Magic. 

I wish we'd had him for longer.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

I will take to my grave the memory of Tosher keeping the ball from about three Aberdeen players in the corner about 100 yards from our goal deep in injury time, winning a throw then turning to our fans and thumping his own chest. Magic. 

I wish we'd had him for longer.

Yep I remember that incident like it was yesterday. What a game he had that day. :)

4 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Surely you could go back a bit further to get better than Marciano? I'm no Hibs fan but can't help think of Scottish keepers from the past better than he is?

our main goalies:

15/16 - Oxley

14/15- Oxley

13/14- Williams

12/13- Williams

11/12- stack

10/11- stack

09/10- stack

08/09- Makalamby

07/08- Makalamby

06/07- McNeil

05/06- Malkowski

04/05-  Simon Brown

03/04- Andersson

02/03- Colgan

01/02- Colgan

00/01- Colgan

cant really remember before I was 10 but the only 2 with a realistic shout there who've been better than Marciano would be Colgan or Andersson

Oxley, Makalamby, McNeil, Malkowski and Brown were all pathetic goalkeepers

Archived