The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 hours ago, flyingscot said:

I'd start Sutton 100%. Smith wide right and Kirkpatrick through the middle. 

Sutton won't be here much longer, would be amazed if he was still here come the Falkirk game.

5 minutes ago, Young gun said:

The rock and we're  signing Scott Mcdonald or Steven Dobbie :whistle

Suits me. You relegate Queen of the South, and give us another holdup striker for when Nade gets injured.

$t Mirr£n 

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Suits me. You relegate Queen of the South, and give us another holdup striker for when Nade gets injured.

$t Mirr£n 

$ Mi₽₽£₦

Spoiler

(Turkish Lira for the T, Russian Roubles for Rs, and Nigerian Naira for the N. That might be as good as it gets.)

13 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Scott Agnew scored against us at the weekend, so his ineptitude while playing for us is fresh in the memory.

I'm not going to pretend I don't care about the League Cup, and I actually like this format, but it does make these games feel a lot like friendlies. I definitely can't muster the same rage as the hive mind on BaWA seems to manage :lol:

Agree that our right-hand side looks weak. I bet Magennis ends up out there most weeks when he's fit.

Agree about right hand and it also wouldn't surprise me to see Magennis out there once he returns with McShane and McGinn in the middle.

Anyway, where is Davis? :)

Agree about right hand and it also wouldn't surprise me to see Magennis out there once he returns with McShane and McGinn in the middle.

Anyway, where is Davis? [emoji4]

Watched the performance the other night and fucked off.

15 hours ago, kanyewestbank said:

I have just had a look at the team who took to the field last night,the amount of goals they scored between them last season ,and the amount of

goals required for a playoff spot.The results are truly terrifying.Jack Ross needs to get a grip and quickly

amongst them...between is two

45 minutes ago, distresseduke said:

amongst them...between is two

Nah, you're ok, thanks mate.

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2015/06/grammar-myths-among-or-between/

the Oxford English Dictionary (OED) states, ‘In all senses, between has been, from its earliest appearance, extended to more than two’: there’s an example of this from the year 971 (yes, not 1971!). Contemporary authorities (such as Pocket Fowler’s Modern English Usage) advise that it’s perfectly acceptable to use between or among in certain contexts when referring to more than two participants:

He divided his fortune between his four children.
✔ He divided his fortune among his four children.