The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

19 hours ago, Soctty said:

You don't get to decide whose opinions are justifiable. Meant, again, in the *nicest* possible way. :angel

First off, it's taken as such, it is all opinion and if we are all honest we all know Stokes won't be coming.

However you are wrong about what is justifiable. While in the realm of subjectivity it's fair to say that the line is blurry. Objectively there are universally accepted norms. Your disappointment at my mentioning Rix et al, only proves that point.

I understand how my comments may seem like melodrama, they certainly aren't meant to, but I have my principals and I would hope the club would align with those and it has to be said that they have done in the past.

9 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

So, Reilly then... Am I wrong in thinking he had a deal offered verbally by Ross but Reilly wanted to see how the season went, so technically he was not given something he could sign?

He said a deal was on the table then taken away by Stubbs that' not verbal.  Kenny Miller would be a good signing have a feeling he will sign for us. 

So, Reilly then... Am I wrong in thinking he had a deal offered verbally by Ross but Reilly wanted to see how the season went, so technically he was not given something he could sign?

Stubbs has been quoted today hinting that the deal was pretty much still on the table, but Gav’s agent was doing a bit of ‘meddling’ which subsequently resulted in the offer being withdrawn. My guess is the agent was chancing it and waiting to see if he could get a better deal elsewhere.

50 minutes ago, McG said:

Not signing for us.

If he doesn't sign on at Livi that's pretty much the rest of the division guaranteed to not finish bottom. 

He feels like their last hope. 

Stokes and Miller up front would be glorious. I mean, from a football perspective it would be horrendous, but the reaction online when they sign will make our impending relegation worthwhile.

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

Stokes and Miller up front would be glorious. I mean, from a football perspective it would be horrendous, but the reaction online when they sign will make our impending relegation worthwhile.

Some of our fans have a bitter dark side I can't quite grasp. Im prepared to let the manager bring in who he wants he lives or dies by his decisions.  If Miller and Stokes bang in the goals few will complain. Personally I would love to see that combination both have been good at our new level Miller still looks to have it that game against Aberdeen up there he was outstanding.  

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Rice has agreed terms however Saints are refusing to pay compensation deal is looking dead according to Twitter. Would not be surprised to see Kenny Miller take player assistant manager. 

If that's the case it's ridiculous on our side. From the sounds of Stubbs in his interview, we'd approached ICT and they'd agreed to let us speak to him and talks were advanced so we surely knew exactly what the compensation fee we'd have to pony up would be. 

7 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Some of our fans have a bitter dark side I can't quite grasp. Im prepared to let the manager bring in who he wants he lives or dies by his decisions.  If Miller and Stokes bang in the goals few will complain. Personally I would love to see that combination both have been good at our new level Miller still looks to have it that game against Aberdeen up there he was outstanding.  

It's nothing to do with bitter or dark. I really wish you'd stop pedalling this line and implying this whenever someone says they don't fancy either guy at the club. 

Miller is nearly 39 and a proven disruption to his last two gaffers and loves using his daft wife as a social media mouthpiece. 

Stokes is a fucking halfwit who was too much of a clown for even Neil Lennon's taste. 

I personally will give either my full support in a Saints shirt if they are delivering on the park but I can fully understand why others really wouldn't want either of them here. 

19 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

I'd be surprised if we could afford both of them if we are indeed interested. I do agree with you though, if whoever we sign are playing well and scoring goals I'm pretty sure grudges will be forgotten. Stokes of the 2 seems the biggest risk.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

It's nothing to do with bitter or dark. I really wish you'd stop pedalling this line and implying this whenever someone says they don't fancy either guy at the club. 

Miller is nearly 39 and a proven disruption to his last two gaffers and loves using his daft wife as a social media mouthpiece. 

Stokes is a fucking halfwit who was too much of a clown for even Neil Lennon's taste. 

I personally will give either my full support in a Saints shirt if they are delivering on the park but I can fully understand why others really wouldn't want either of them here. 

Dunno how Miller does it, tbh. I'm 39 and I'm fucking knackered!

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Dunno how Miller does it, tbh. I'm 39 and I'm fucking knackered!

The couple of enforced breaks a season he gets by picking a fight with his manager probably helps a bit.