The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Should be looking more close to home for a big money move.

Hope we can keep hold of Magennis.

On a side note, how uninspiring has Stubbs sounded in his interviews so far? emoji852.png.

Have not heard anything wrong he has said thus far .  I liked the one he said fans should not be looking at 10th or survival we need to look up the way :thumsup2 . Stubbs has his own make up so to speak John McGinn can not speak highly enough about Stubbs. Stevie said this is a much higher calibre manager than what has been in the past years. Good enough for me. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

My recollection of him at Dundee and even County the first time round was of a rather hotheaded, technically limited hard worker, which is why I said troubling.  Thanks.  Underwhelming, yet again, might be the adjective of choice.

You've summed him up well other than the hotheaded part. He was never that at Dundee.

Some referred to him as The White Cafu but I called him The Shite Cafu under my breath.

He had one blinding season where he finished as POY. Other than that he was renowned for just launching it up the park as far as he could in no particular direction.

He will give 100% every game but unfortunately 100% of his game is probably about 30% of a competent full back's.

19 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

You've summed him up well other than the hotheaded part. He was never that at Dundee.

Some referred to him as The White Cafu but I called him The Shite Cafu under my breath.

He had one blinding season where he finished as POY. Other than that he was renowned for just launching it up the park as far as he could in no particular direction.

He will give 100% every game but unfortunately 100% of his game is probably about 30% of a competent full back's.

I've convinced myself he'd be a decent enough guy to come off the bench 10 times a season and start maybe seven or eight to cover injury or suspension.   I thought he had a fair few red cards, though.  I'll defer to you on that.   Did he not lose the plot in a derby game on the telly, or am I making that up as well?!

Edited by Savage Henry

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I've convinced myself he'd be a decent enough guy to come off the bench 10 times a season and start maybe seven or eight to cover injury or suspension.   I thought he had a fair few red cards, though.  I'll defer to you on that.   Did he not lose the plot in a derby game on the telly, or am I making that up as well?!

He got sent off for this mis-timed header rather than losing the plot. I can't recall him ever losing it but my memory is brutal so maybe another Dee will correct me on that. 

55 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I've convinced myself he'd be a decent enough guy to come off the bench 10 times a season and start maybe seven or eight to cover injury or suspension.

On the caveat I've seen little of him this last season, as a Saints fan I don't think that would be an unfair benchmark for him.

3 hours ago, Fony Titz said:
5 hours ago, NorthBank said:
Not really emoji4.png .  You also getting Liam mixed up with Sean - our ex-left back ? emoji4.png

Is Liam not Seans brother. Used to be on the books of that Govan mob?

Just signed for Livi

Someone on BAWA saying that Anthony Stokes was at the training ground today. 

Clearly still talented as a footballer but he's a fucking halfwit. Suppose under the circumstances beggars can't be choosers and if he scores the goals to keep us up then it would be risk Worth taking. 

Hopefully if it does come to pass it's at best a pay as you play deal and at worst, has several caveats that allow us to terminate if he's being a w**k.