The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Like most people, the first things I think of when folk talk about managers coming over from NI are Pat Fenlon and Stephen Kenny.  I would be shiting it at the mere mention of this guy's name if I was a St Mirren fan. Which I'm not, but if I was. 

For every Fenlon and Kenny there is a Tommy Wright or Stephen Robinson though. Granted Robinson didn't come from the Irish league before getting the Motherwell gig, Wright did though.

Edited by Buddist Monk

33 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

For every Fenlon and Kenny there is a Tommy Wright or Stephen Robinson though. Granted Robinson didn't come from the Irish league before getting the Motherwell gig, Wright did though.

You're not exactly comparing like for like there. Wright at least gained a bit of knowledge on the sidelines of the Scottish game before getting the job. Kearney would be the exact same as Fenlon and Kenny in that he's got no experience of the Scottish game.  

If you're happy to take a chance on the boy, crack on. Personally I'd be a bit nervous. 

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

You're not exactly comparing like for like there. Wright at least gained a bit of knowledge on the sidelines of the Scottish game before getting the job. Kearney would be the exact same as Fenlon and Kenny in that he's got no experience of the Scottish game.  

If you're happy to take a chance on the boy, crack on. Personally I'd be a bit nervous. 

I'd say Fenlon faired better and but it's not that I fully disagree with you on this, not sure it should be a blanket assumption though.

I do have some concerns over Kearney, but I'm not the one who will be sitting opposite a desk asking him questions. I just hope whoever does has similar concerns as me.

34 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Speculation that it’s his job, only Kearney left to get an interview tomorrow.

I do hope we asked Tranmere before speaking to him. Would be a bit embarrassing from Scott after his toys out the pram stuff the other week.

EDIT: I just went on the St Mirren Supporters Facebook page to see what the rumours there were. Holy f**k - and people think Black & White Army is bad :lol:

Edited by Stu

Guest Moomintroll
Mellon actually looks quite decent. 
10 years experience and has been largely successful in the English leagues.
Would be a decent appointment, know Shrewsbury and Tranmere fans that have only good things to say about him and from the very limited interviews I have seen/heard he comes across very well.

5 hours ago, Kyle said:

Patrick Kluivert is meeting the club this week too.  Some circus going on!

Its all fluff...

We all know McCoist is getting the gig. 

He's the man for the job and we all know it

33 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

I’m sure the grass could do with a cut after all this sun

A bit hasty.

It's been really dry as well recently.  A wee bit of rain, then yeah. we'll need Coisty.

2 hours ago, Stu said:

I do hope we asked Tranmere before speaking to him. Would be a bit embarrassing from Scott after his toys out the pram stuff the other week.

EDIT: I just went on the St Mirren Supporters Facebook page to see what the rumours there were. Holy f**k - and people think Black & White Army is bad :lol:

I struggle to even look in on the black and white army now that the fat pipefitter is back trolling every thread. That site is a lost cause.

5 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I struggle to even look in on the black and white army now that the fat pipefitter is back trolling every thread. That site is a lost cause.

Who or what is actually forcing you to read posts from Stewart or anybody else you don't like ? 

Nothing simpler than seeing a name and quickly bypassing it 

B&W Army is thriving at the moment and was particularly entertaining last night 

Make a contribution and along with Stu and others , stop putting the boot into a St Mirren Forum. 

There are plenty decent folk on the Forum. 

Open your eyes. 

Have a feeling this is Mr Right, good experience at a decent level will be happy if it is
Hope so bud.

It's turning into a bit of a circus now, might be entertaining for onlookers but we need the right guy and to get it signed and sealed so we can move forward.