The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

11 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

There really isn't. The core of both is to leech from Celtic and their supporters.

Like Celtic playing reserve games at Cappielow?

Edited by Munoz

Just now, Dee Man said:

Were St Mirren in danger of going into administration if they didn't open a Celtic shop in their stadium?

Our financial state has been well discussed on here, we've only just managed to move away from teetering on the edge. Gilmour et al isn't a complete saint (no pun intended) but he stopped that club from folding and most decisions taken, even short term unpalatable ones, I'm going to be fine with.

Plus, you know what the finances are like in the Championship. That and we haven't found an American sugar daddy.

12 hours ago, Torfason said:

Any idea what changed bud?

Don't know, interviews are taking place tonight and they will be interviewing most of this week. Stubbs and Caldwell definitely getting interviewed.

1 hour ago, McG said:

Don't know, interviews are taking place tonight and they will be interviewing most of this week. Stubbs and Caldwell definitely getting interviewed.

What about this guy oran kearney is he on the cards if we're going to gamble on the usual suspects i'd rather we just went totally left field and gambled on this guy f**k it 

58 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

What about this guy oran kearney is he on the cards if we're going to gamble on the usual suspects i'd rather we just went totally left field and gambled on this guy f**k it 

I'd rather we didn't having read a bit more on him. There's a Coleraine fan on BAWA who is saying he's had 6 years of mediocrity and one good season. He also has mentioned that he needs a couple of years to build a squad. 

If he was so talented, he'd have been cherry picked before the 7 year mark. 

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd rather we didn't having read a bit more on him. There's a Coleraine fan on BAWA who is saying he's had 6 years of mediocrity and one good season. He also has mentioned that he needs a couple of years to build a squad. 

Looks like he's a young manager could've just taken his time to get to grips with it,  Who knows with names getting banded about is he gonna be any worse BAWA the hub of sensible talk lol

Apparently glowing report from Michael O'niell  as i said who knows the board will sit and listen and hopefully make a decision soon managers pulling out constantly there will be nothing left soon

There's an article here about Kearney: https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/irish-league/these-are-the-qualities-that-would-help-oran-kearney-succeed-at-st-mirren-reveals-aaron-burns-36977584.html

Of the names that seem to be getting interviewed it would probably be him or Stubbs for me. Don't want McIntyre or Caldwell.

34 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Don’t think the Coleraine fan is a genuine account. It’s probably one of the usual alias accounts. Captain sensible aka Zico or it’s the fat pipefitter.

36 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Don’t think the Coleraine fan is a genuine account. It’s probably one of the usual alias accounts. Captain sensible aka Zico or it’s the fat pipefitter.

Maybe it's you trying to be funny, but failing. 

Some love to put the boot into Div's Forum. 

Come and contribute instead of sniping from a distance. 

14 minutes ago, shull said:

Maybe it's you trying to be funny, but failing. 

Some love to put the boot into Div's Forum. 

Come and contribute instead of sniping from a distance. 

He's a regular contributor.

Unlike you and your 5 aliases in your sad wee Sin Bin. :lol:

Like most people, the first things I think of when folk talk about managers coming over from NI are Pat Fenlon and Stephen Kenny.  I would be shiting it at the mere mention of this guy's name if I was a St Mirren fan. Which I'm not, but if I was. 

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Like most people, the first things I think of when folk talk about managers coming over from NI are Pat Fenlon and Stephen Kenny.  I would be shiting it at the mere mention of this guy's name if I was a St Mirren fan. Which I'm not, but if I was. 

Yeah. Can't find any inspiration in it to be honest. 

If the Guti link is genuine (I'm still struggling to believe it is but it doesn't seem to be going away) then there's really only one man for the job. 

He's currently 2nd fav for the Real Madrid job though. Even kidding on about it still seems silly! I'd hope the board at least capitalise and have a punt by offering him it for shits and giggles. Imagine the loan players! 

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

How could you forget about the fat grass? You've been away too long.

14 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

How could you forget about the fat grass? You've been away too long.

I was talking about guys who came over straight into management. Tommy Wright came over as an assistant before establishing himself as first team grass. 

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I was talking about guys who came over straight into management. Tommy Wright came over as an assistant before establishing himself as first team grass. 

you missed out the words 'Scottish Cup Winning' and 'fat' from your synopsis. 

Thank you.