The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

31 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Anyone help me how to report this as I have had nothing to do with quotes.  Data protection? 

Between here and BAWA, you are all over the shop.

Maybe give the interweb and posting a break for a couple of days!

15 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Yes. But you ignored my post above clearly no answer to we are a club who works within it's means regarding the guy you want as manager.  Answer that that ? 

Anyway, no-one has hacked your account. You've posted something whilst hauf biffed and Arch Stanton has humourously amended the post to add some well placed punctuation on your behalf. 

He even not so subtly hinted at this with the gifs he posted. 

2 hours ago, GAD said:

St Mirren had a better defensive record because they had a good defence and goalkeeper. Samson was integral to that.

I agree though, the standard of keeper in the league generally was poor. I saw some absolute horrorshows this season from various goalkeepers, especially in games against ICT, Queens and Falkirk, but Samson was pretty solid throughout. As I said before, we might go and sign a new goalkeeper, but I don't think it will be a priority, there are much bigger gaps needing filled.

Yes, I never said they didnt, or that Samson was a problem. You dont win the League with a bad defence and Samson is a decent enough keeper. Alexander was better though.

4 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Saints fans proving they are going to miss Morton fans next season by starting some infighting of their own :lol: 

The Jack Ross thing has caused a collective meltdown the likes of which I've not seen for a while.

It's two things here: mainly group anxiety that we'll take on another Craig/Murray/Rae. Secondly, we normally end managers' careers (at any decent level, anyway), so seeing one leave for better things is making people forget what football is.

It's honestly fucking barmy.

Anyway...

The Sun reporting we have been allowed to talk to Hopkin and Goodwin, as well as Fitzy talking to Lambert. Neilson coming in today. Robert Grieve is usually on the ball with saints related matters.

Also reporting Jack going to come back for Kyle, and bid for John McGinn. Kerching for us.

3 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Anyway...

The Sun reporting we have been allowed to talk to Hopkin and Goodwin, as well as Fitzy talking to Lambert. Neilson coming in today. Robert Grieve is usually on the ball with saints related matters.

Also reporting Jack going to come back for Kyle, and bid for John McGinn. Kerching for us.

The tone of it implies Lambert is a non-starter, imo. Does also mention we've been inundated with applications, and mentions the Steve Kean thing again. FFS.

I think it'll be one of those where, despite tonnes of names being linked, the shortlist will be the same four/five names that everyone has been mentioning since day one.

1 minute ago, Demented Zebra said:

Looks like Gavin Reilly is going to Sunderland would never have guessed that.

They're welcome to him. He's not good enough for the top flight, imo, and I'd rather our wages went elsewhere.

16 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

The tone of it implies Lambert is a non-starter, imo. Does also mention we've been inundated with applications, and mentions the Steve Kean thing again. FFS.

I think it'll be one of those where, despite tonnes of names being linked, the shortlist will be the same four/five names that everyone has been mentioning since day one.

They're welcome to him. He's not good enough for the top flight, imo, and I'd rather our wages went elsewhere.

You can't say that about a Saints player if you're a Saints Supporter.  FFS :lol:

You'll get lynched on here and drowned under a sea of red dots.

I did mention summat similar about our Goalie.

But, only once.

I think I just got away with it. ;)

38 minutes ago, Silvio said:

The Sun reporting....

The "Scottish" Sun was running a story claiming it a certainly that Ross was going for Magennis and (J) McGinn. There was not a single piece of corroboration. No quotes, no quotes of quotes, not even an ex player claiming some related bullshit, nothing. So when anyone says 'The "Scottish" Sun is reporting....' you'll forgive me for treating that with a dump truck of salt.

Would Ross be interested in either? Possibly, but it's typical lazy journalism, and The "Scottish" Sun is no stranger to lazy journalism, with no actual basis in truth.

7 minutes ago, shull said:

You are trying way too hard. Less is more.

Edited by Buddist Monk

1 minute ago, Buddist Monk said:

The "Scottish" Sun was running a story claiming it a certainly that Ross was going for Magennis and (J) McGinn. There was not a single piece of corroboration. No quotes, no quotes of quotes, not even an ex player claiming some related bullshit, nothing. So when anyone says 'The "Scottish" Sun is reporting....' you'll forgive me for treating that with a dump truck of salt.

Would Ross be interested in either? Possibly, but it's typical lazy journalism, and The "Scottish" Sun is no stranger to lazy journalism, with no actual basis in truth.

You are trying way too hard. Less is more.

In relation to my post, yours makes absolutely no sense whatsover. :1eye

7 minutes ago, shull said:

You can't say that about a Saints player if you're a Saints Supporter.  FFS :lol:

You'll get lynched on here and drowned under a sea of red dots.

I did mention summat similar about our Goalie.

But, only once.

I suspect it's the frequency with which you've mentioned the Samson thing that probably annoys folk. :P

Gav did well for us, and it's been funny to use him to wind up Pars fans (who don't care if he does well or not). But I have serious doubts about him as a leader of the line. Work rate is beyond question, but better defences will know how to play him and keep him quiet.

If he gets a gig at Sunderland - who had Jermain Defoe playing for them a year ago - then fair play to him, but I don't think it'll pan out.

Tell you what, mind, if Hopkin is taken on, I bet we'll be in for Hardie again.

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I suspect it's the frequency with which you've mentioned the Samson thing that probably annoys folk. :P

Gav did well for us, and it's been funny to use him to wind up Pars fans (who don't care if he does well or not). But I have serious doubts about him as a leader of the line. Work rate is beyond question, but better defences will know how to play him and keep him quiet.

If he gets a gig at Sunderland - who had Jermain Defoe playing for them a year ago - then fair play to him, but I don't think it'll pan out.

Tell you what, mind, if Hopkin is taken on, I bet we'll be in for Hardie again.

I tend to agree with you regarding Reilly. 

16 minutes ago, shull said:

In relation to my post, yours makes absolutely no sense whatsover. :1eye

And this is an example of you not trying too hard?

I'm no arbiter of who can or can't post on here, or even what they can or can't post on here, but it's not like you don't know the club so all this meaningless negativity is just a bit pointless (imo) as all people do is ignore your comments - I've started to.

Now, if you were to be constructive you might find those reds turning into greens and considerably less backlash. It's up to you of course.

4 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

And this is an example of you not trying too hard?

I'm no arbiter of who can or can't post on here, or even what they can or can't post on here, but it's not like you don't know the club so all this meaningless negativity is just a bit pointless (imo) as all people do is ignore your comments - I've started to.

Now, if you were to be constructive you might find those reds turning into greens and considerably less backlash. It's up to you of course.

No, you still didnae get the Post that I made originally in reply to Coventry Saint.

Anyway, for an attention seeker, it's better to get red dods than none at all.

You're taking football far too seriously. 

Latest odds:

Screenshot_2018-05-28-08-36-46.thumb.png.f22c467137decdc4f5d62550b3d9e99d.png

Odds for Neilson have gone from 4/1 to 16/1, back to 4/1 in 24 hours. 

Which shows the bookies don't have a fucking clue at this level and only react to press releases and probably even forums like this. 

Still maintain Lambert won't get it. 

55 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

My lord you are so boring.

I was just mentioning what I'd seen, nothing more nothing less.

Just now, Silvio said:

My lord you are so boring.

I was just mentioning what I'd seen, nothing more nothing less.

Why such a defensive reply? If you post and you get annoyed at people replying, perhaps a public forum is not the place for you.

Ultimately if you don't like my posts, put me on ignore, not doing so and continuing to complain would be daft.