The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

5 minutes ago, Fony Titz said:

They are hardly rolling out the red carpet.

They are keeping the west and main stands 100% St Mirren fans.

Making a conscious decision to inconvenience our own fans to allow them more seats isn’t being as welcoming as possible?

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:01, djchapsticks said:

The appraisal that Morgan is in any way weak or gets bullied is frankly hilarious. 

I was lucky to manage to make about 28 of our 36 league games this season and I can honestly say I never once saw him bullied. Snuffed out because he was doubled up on on a few occasions but never did I ever think he was lightweight or someone had a significant physical advantage on him. Because they didn't. 

The game we managed to undo your guys was largely in part due to how nullified Morgan was. Gallagher managed to absolutely take him out the game and used his strength to stop him doing anything. Compare that to the game where you went down a man and won, Morgan destroyed Longridge and won that on his own.

In saying that, I don't think Morgan needs to bulk up at all. Seems to be in a good place, just keep plugging away with his technical skills

Exactly - hope it's at least £25 a ticket as well

Pretty sure we charged The Rangers £26 on their last visit a couple of seasons ago.

I can understand why folk in the south stand being pissed off about it but it makes financial sense & adds to the seasons budget.

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Well done for getting involved in the safe standing. Pleasing to see more and more clubs looking into this and hopefully one day Falkirk do too.

Yeah, this. Hope we can make the numbers work as it'd be an exceptional addition to our ground. If we can show it can work for us, it'd be great for more clubs of similar size to follow.

Just back from POTY do.
Has took me about 20 attempto to write the sentence above so just imagine the thought and due care that has gone into writing this.

Hope it makes sense,,,
Where is it then?[emoji1]

6 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, this. Hope we can make the numbers work as it'd be an exceptional addition to our ground. If we can show it can work for us, it'd be great for more clubs of similar size to follow.

We have a relatively small, but enthusiastic singing section in W6 and W7. They have been standing up singing, waving flags and banging the drum all season, and they’ve been great. Have the stadium seats been unsafe? Why do we need safe standing thingumyjigs? Has there been an issue with those deadly killer plastic seats we currently have?

Mind you, if Gordon Scott really wants safe standing thingumyjigs, just tap SMiSA for the money, it worked for some astroturf, it’ll work again, and again, and....

Edited by pozbaird

23 hours ago, pozbaird said:

We have a relatively small, but enthusiastic singing section in W6 and W7. They have been standing up singing, waving flags and banging the drum all season, and they’ve been great. Have the stadium seats been unsafe? Why do we need safe standing thingumyjigs? Has there been an issue with those deadly killer plastic seats we currently have?

Mind you, if Gordon Scott really wants safe standing thingumyjigs, just tap SMiSA for the money, it worked for some astroturf, it’ll work again, and again, and....

Thing is it was the supporters who had the final say that vote was not even close it was massively for. 

38 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Thing is it was the supporters who had the final say that vote was not even close it was massively for. 

Indeed, in a loaded question vote. There’s a lot of discussion about it on B&W Army, so that’s probably the best place to go into it in any detail.

17 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Indeed, in a loaded question vote. There’s a lot of discussion about it on B&W Army, so that’s probably the best place to go into it in any detail.

Yea have read it Poz there is about four posters repeating them selves so will move on and write anyone got a hint on who is coming in ? 

17 hours ago, pozbaird said:

There is a lot of discussion on B&W army, that if you had the time and patience to read through, then it would make your eyes bleed. That site is full of trolls who have managed to spoil it completely.

On 02/05/2018 at 15:25, Buddist Monk said:

I would say this is a fair shout. I'd love him to come back to us on loan again, but I can't see the overall benefit of that other than to St Mirren. Possible shift to a bigger premiership side? Just as unlikely imo, which leaves the English market. You'd assume purely from Mallan and McAllister that the middle of the Championship to the middle of League One is where he'll end up. One thing to note though is that while I've avoided discussing physicality so far, anyone who keeps even a general eye on the lower leagues in England will know they are stuffed full of large players.

Agree,I’ve watched a lot of English lower league football and it’s the land of the giants,

Motherwell are using the same type to great effect,Hamilton do the same,Dundee are big lads

not what I like but effective 

2 hours ago, Young gun said:

Agree,I’ve watched a lot of English lower league football and it’s the land of the giants,

Motherwell are using the same type to great effect,Hamilton do the same,Dundee are big lads

not what I like but effective 

I am getting quite a lot of push back from my "he will need to bulk up" comment, so it's pleasing to see that others can see that as an issue. I really don't mean any ill will towards Morgan at all, but it's weird people disagree on the suggestion his opportunities will improve along with his physique.

As for the English lower leagues, I honestly don't know the sort of coaching that is happening down there - but essentially it shouldn't be any different from up here - yet as you rightfully say it's a "land of giants". I have a friend who is an O's fan (Oxford) and their squad despite being paid pretty much the same as the low end of the Scottish premiership are considerably bigger.