The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

7 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Lewis's performances at U21 have made people take notice. Only Championship player and best performer in the 4 games he played outshining £15m Oliver Burke. I think it is these performances that have made managers realise what a talent he is.

Aye, true.

The best thing for us is that other young players will see that if you come to Saints, you'll get your chance in our team, get your chance in the national age groups, and get your big move.

7 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Aye, true.

The best thing for us is that other young players will see that if you come to Saints, you'll get your chance in our team, get your chance in the national age groups, and get your big move.

Is this the young boy who comes from Gourock?

26 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Is this the young boy who comes from Gourock?

Yep. We picked him up when Sevco let him go.

(Apparently that entitles the horrible fuckers to a cut of any development  fee, though I can't figure out why, given they released him. Shouldn't apply in those circumstances, imo.)

Yep. We picked him up when Sevco let him go.
(Apparently that entitles the horrible fuckers to a cut of any development  fee, though I can't figure out why, given they released him. Shouldn't apply in those circumstances, imo.)

Is it a fact or speculation that they get a cut? I'd have thought if they were due a cut they'd have been due one when Kyle McAllister went south too. Surely if they didn't offer him a contract they are due f**k all?

15 hours ago, Fony Titz said:

Is it a fact or speculation that they get a cut? I'd have thought if they were due a cut they'd have been due one when Kyle McAllister went south too. Surely if they didn't offer him a contract they are due f**k all?

No cut for McAllister as he didn't go for a development fee.

1 hour ago, Fony Titz said:

OK so if we sell Morgan in January they get nothing?

Not according to one of our Greenock friends.

I'm sure he'll come on at some point to give you the details from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

On 19/10/2017 at 08:06, Coventry Saint said:

I can't remember the last time there was this much genuine interest in a Saints player - and when you consider we've lost McLean and McGinn in recent years, that's really surprising.

The last player I can remember with this attention was probably Ricky Gillies. He was doing well in U21s as well at the time. Of course Fitzy maybe had a lot to do with publicity.