The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

36 minutes ago, Stu said:

No Stelios at all today, if he's injured that would explain the attempt to get Smith on loan.

I've got a feeling Jack is not sure of Stelios , Stelios and McGinn were arguing in the 2nd half on Tuesday as they did last season 

1 hour ago, Buddist Monk said:

...I'd definitely be tempted to play a combo of McKenzie and Baird.

Samson looks pretty much the player that left us, and in many ways that's good, but I'd also like to see (the other) Stewart getting a run.

So... Stewart in goals and a back line of McKenzie and Baird and we're getting humped 30 minutes in. Classic armchair punditry!

Hang on, wasn't Jack Ross being touted as the next big thing?

Remarkably, yes. Couldn't believe our luck when Dundee came in for him.

Such a shame he never went.

3 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I'm happy to see a bit of banter, but don't the Morton fans realise the irony of posting on here about our defeat when their own team got horsed?

Naw really, we had ALL first choice CB's out through injury and had to play the under-20's coach and a young midfielder signed yesterday from the Celtic development squad.

It was damage limitation for us in those circumstances..

You've gone too far, there, @Jimmy85. Take the piss out of our remarkable fall from grace since 2014. Take the piss out of our flirtation with the seaside leagues. Take the piss out of our bizarre squad that seems to have decent midfielders and f**k all else. Take the piss out of our ridiculous goalkeeping situation. 

Honestly, anything is fair game, but please, please don't mock some hats that a few fans wore for a game five years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Naw really, we had ALL first choice CB's out through injury and had to play the under-20's coach and a young midfielder signed yesterday from the Celtic development squad.

It was damage limitation for us in those circumstances..

I'm certainly not spinning our result here, btw, it's like two bald men arguing over a comb. If we got hounded and you lot got a decent result I'd get it. 

I'm happy to see a bit of banter, but don't the Morton fans realise the irony of posting on here about our defeat when their own team got horsed?

Morton were horsed partly as a result of going down to ten men; whereas a ten man Partick Thistle still looked like the Brazil 1970 side against your rabble.

An unparalleled degree of failure from yourselves yet again.

1500742111215.jpg

9 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

You've gone too far, there, @Jimmy85. Take the piss out of our remarkable fall from grace since 2014. Take the piss out of our flirtation with the seaside leagues. Take the piss out of our bizarre squad that seems to have decent midfielders and f**k all else. Take the piss out of our ridiculous goalkeeping situation. 

Honestly, anything is fair game, but please, please don't mock some hats that a few fans wore for a game five years ago. 

^^^ second from the right. 

1 minute ago, Randy Giles said:

Since when did one team getting a shit result make another any less bad? Of course we're still entitled to laugh. As are you.

Fair enough, it's just that you getting bad results isn't the best thing to ever happen to us.