The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

7 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

So I got to thinking, the gap that United had at the top (for the limited time they had it) was wafer thin, was there any time Duthie could spin as "dominating"?

The article was published on 13th December, these are the tables for that time period (4 games before to 4 games after)..

Before:

5ae19e10d35e8_Screenshot-2018-4-26ScottishChampionship-Matchday-13Matchday1718.png.24ca998543851c6edd038c25cbdf21b9.png . 5ae19e10856c5_Screenshot-2018-4-26ScottishChampionship-Matchday-14Matchday1718.png.914b9ca1fe2e738614e56b55b0636827.png

5ae19d7562d08_Screenshot-2018-4-26ScottishChampionship-Matchday-15Matchday1718.png.d34314daa8246c0c675de5709f501343.png . 5ae19d74db957_Screenshot-2018-4-26ScottishChampionship-Matchday-16Matchday1718.png.38c68383b9bdcd6018a1c73ccef52cf6.png

After:

5ae19d74713ef_Screenshot-2018-4-26ScottishChampionship-Matchday-17Matchday1718.png.5811277f4a48c5cf137d1eb49c041819.png . 5ae19d7404520_Screenshot-2018-4-26ScottishChampionship-Matchday-18Matchday1718.png.14a3719e2b8ab6e4f9809d33e9d62cda.png

5ae19e10402de_Screenshot-2018-4-26ScottishChampionship-Matchday-19Matchday1718.png.34cd18aac71c59e43d56508aa945e4da.png . 5ae19e0fce142_Screenshot-2018-4-26ScottishChampionship-Matchday-20Matchday1718.png.8664545fbe21837dbe9ada78a3a8c438.png

I think it's fair to conclude that Duthie is at best a desperate fan boy, and at worst a dreadful and inaccurate journalist.

What website showed you the table at specific dates? 

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

The amount of work that went into this ffs

I'll have "pointless things to whinge about on an Internet forum" for $500, Alex.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

What website showed you the table at specific dates? 

Transfermarkt - set the "Select match day" drop down, click [show] and the respective league table is to the right. It took me about 30 seconds to grab those screenshots.

Edited by Buddist Monk

Heard a few murmurings of who is potentially on the radar but aside from Paul McGinn, nothing is a solid rumour. 

Can't see any announcements on incoming players for several weeks yet. April/early May would be exceptionally early to get any business done. 

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Heard a few murmurings of who is potentially on the radar but aside from Paul McGinn, nothing is a solid rumour. 

Can't see any announcements on incoming players for several weeks yet. April/early May would be exceptionally early to get any business done. 

Just watched Jack Ross interview on Buddie Vision no names mentioned but did say the outcome of the play off's could affect recruitment obviously top flight players if avaiable. Planning is well ahead of time. 

6 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see some early movement on any PCAs who were waiting for our promotion to be confirmed. We've seen Ross would rather get players in early, like Mullen where he could have waited a few weeks and we weren't short of cover. I'm guessing McGinn was always going to come to us even if we missed promotion as he's hardly played at Thistle and there is a big connection to the club (and obviously one player in particular).

15 hours ago, Stu said:

Just the 12 points we ended up winning the league by in the end - and that’s after only winning two of our last seven games.

We won with more points than Hibs with a much smaller budget also not the biggest budget this season remarkable stuff and one of the best turnarounds you will ever see That's why I'm putting a positive spin on this. 

2 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Sad to see Stelios go. Always gave 100% and was decent more times than he was poor. I am sure a Championship side will take him.

The two goals against Hibs and the one against Morton stand out but he always gave it his all and leaves with a  winners medal. Great character in the dressing room and around the club.

Edited by glenburn bud

Sorry to see Super Stelios go, he's had a massive part in our last 18 months. It's the right call and no place for sentiment in football but what a character and few players ever come in from nowhere to have such an impact and camaraderie with the squad and fans in such a short time. The reaction of the other players tells you it all. He'll be remembered for sure.

Great guy and a cult hero, but truth gone told Stelios was never really first pick at any point for Saints. Irvine and Eckersley last season and Smith and Eckersley this season were always picked ahead of him when fit. Still he played a huge part in the great escape and thus seasons championship win and he'll be fondly remembered for it. A great signing by Ross.

On 24/04/2018 at 16:51, djchapsticks said:

If Liam Smith isn't returning, McGinn is a very decent signing with a good level of experience.

You maybe already know it, but buried in an article about MacLean signing for Hearts Levein name checked Smith as a player who they'll spend pre-season assessing. So he could be available late on. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

You maybe already know it, but buried in an article about MacLean signing for Hearts Levein name checked Smith as a player who they'll spend pre-season assessing. So he could be available late on. 

I didn't know but thought it might be the case.

McGinn signing makes even more sense if that happens. That way we have a player in the team who is handy enough to play a role and although I'd imagine we'd still be interested in Smith, we're not left hanging our hopes on another club humming and hawing about a player