The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm wondering if postponing the Falkirk game was a bit of a masterstroke. They were/are looking decent again and a slip against them could have knocked momentum. Wouldn't surprise me if we had the game moved the first time knowing full well the U-21s game would see it knocked back again. 

Not saying we're running scared of Falkirk, but the whole show could be over by the time we actually play them now. Imagine having the title confirmed having only played a team twice - and that being the shit pre-January version :lol:

I'd love to know how the fixtures are worked out. We played Falkirk on the opening day and in mid-October, then weren't scheduled to play them again until early March - and then we finish the season against them. Weird.

I reckon the gap might come down a bit this weekend. Livvy have drawn their last three so are due a win, although they're unbeaten in about 10 so they're due a defeat. However, they're playing Dumbarton and there's more chance of intelligent life being found in Greenock than of Livvy losing to them.

We've won four league games in a row for the third time this season. The previous two times we did that we've then dropped points (draw with Morton, loss to Livvy) and we haven't won five in a row since the title winning season in 2005/06 (and more than five on the spin since the Millennium Champions season). Of course, that doesn't automatically mean we won't win, just highlighting previous stats, law of averages and similar gibberish.

However, not all doom and gloom. The Morton and Livvy games were promptly followed up by us winning four in a row, which would be more than enough to see us home. So maybe our biggest threat is Jack winning manager of the month...

Edited by Stu

2 hours ago, meadowroadsaint said:

Last six for Caley reads WLLLDW  ,we should be looking to put them away same as pretty much every other team.

Same attitude as last night and we’ll be fine.

Home game for me as well :thumsup2

Periscope for me bro. :P

3 hours ago, Stu said:

I'd love to know how the fixtures are worked out. We played Falkirk on the opening day and in mid-October, then weren't scheduled to play them again until early March - and then we finish the season against them. Weird.

I reckon the gap might come down a bit this weekend. Livvy have drawn their last three so are due a win, although they're unbeaten in about 10 so they're due a defeat. However, they're playing Dumbarton and there's more chance of intelligent life being found in Greenock than of Livvy losing to them.

We've won four league games in a row for the third time this season. The previous two times we did that we've then dropped points (draw with Morton, loss to Livvy) and we haven't won five in a row since the title winning season in 2005/06 (and more than five on the spin since the Millennium Champions season). Of course, that doesn't automatically mean we won't win, just highlighting previous stats, law of averages and similar gibberish.

However, not all doom and gloom. The Morton and Livvy games were promptly followed up by us winning four in a row, which would be more than enough to see us home. So maybe our biggest threat is Jack winning manager of the month...

No sweat. If we draw our remaining seven games we are guaranteed to win the league.

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Inverness away is always a tricky tie but the team has the bit between their teeth now. They want to wrap this up as quickly as they can and I do now anticipate winning the title in Brechin.

On 28/03/2018 at 21:15, Coventry Saint said:

Saints fans should be granted double daily green dots for the run-in. I feel like there's going to be a lot of love to give.

Get on it, @Div

@Div. please remember us golden oldies who are too frail to make the long trek tomorrow.

Even last half hour on periscope would be wonderful  :)

I'd love to know how the fixtures are worked out. We played Falkirk on the opening day and in mid-October, then weren't scheduled to play them again until early March - and then we finish the season against them. Weird. I reckon the gap might come down a bit this weekend. Livvy have drawn their last three so are due a win, although they're unbeaten in about 10 so they're due a defeat. However, they're playing Dumbarton and there's more chance of intelligent life being found in Greenock than of Livvy losing to them. We've won four league games in a row for the third time this season. The previous two times we did that we've then dropped points (draw with Morton, loss to Livvy) and we haven't won five in a row since the title winning season in 2005/06 (and more than five on the spin since the Millennium Champions season). Of course, that doesn't automatically mean we won't win, just highlighting previous stats, law of averages and similar gibberish.

I got a prediction right. That’s the real worry here.

Win two games and Livi drop points once over the remaining games will see us home. Or we win once and Livi drop points twice. Or we just beat Livi.

7 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Eventually wants the Scotland job how many managers say that as an ambition none but that's Jack for you top man as he would say. 

I didn't watch it, is that what he said? Terrific if so, would love to have him as a Scotland manager eventually, you can tell he'd be a hit. 

Enjoy the last few games folks, title wins don't actually come around that often and they should be cherished, pressure is almost off, travel in numbers and get heavy pished for every game. 

Mrs McGinn is the key to next season:

Stephen McGinn signs a contract extension.

Paul McGinn signs for St. Mirren for a second time.

John McGinn leaves Hibs for upwards of £4m and nets us a third of the transfer money.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Mrs McGinn is the key to next season:

Stephen McGinn signs a contract extension.

Paul McGinn signs for St. Mirren for a second time.

John McGinn leaves Hibs for upwards of £4m and nets us a third of the transfer money.

I take it mum is their agent ?