The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Friendly at Murray Park finished  1 - 1 

I was wondering if that was us. I had read in the OF tabloids that Rangers had set up a friendly, but the story simply went on to discuss Rangers, then Rangers, oooh, and a little more Rangers and completely forgot to mention who it was they'd arranged the friendly with. The very fucking reason for the story in the first place!

It's almost as if the mainstream press in Scotland doesn't give a shit about anything other than the fucking OF.

Edit: I see there is a thread on B&WA... http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43908-game-v-sevco-today

Edited by Buddist Monk

9 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I was wondering if that was us. I had read in the OF tabloids that Rangers had set up a friendly, but the story simply went on to discuss Rangers, then Rangers, oooh, and a little more Rangers and completely forgot to mention who it was they'd arranged the friendly with. The very fucking reason for the story in the first place!

It's almost as if the mainstream press in Scotland doesn't give a shit about anything other than the fucking OF.

Edit: I see there is a thread on B&WA... http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43908-game-v-sevco-today

A local *** fan told me about it knew who scored for them but not us of course that was followed up with - it was our reserves you played. 

So the fucking Sun, now I know it's a shite hawk but to post a story about a friendly game and not mention the opposition at any time in the article is fucking shan of the highest order. I detest red tops and this just underlines what a fucking waste of everyone's time they are.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2323643/lee-wallace-rangers-celtic-michael-ohalloran-st-mirren-bounce-game

Edited by Buddist Monk

17 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

So the fucking Sun, now I know it's a shite hawk but to post a story about a friendly game and not mention the opposition at any time in the article is fucking shan of the highest order. I detest red tops and this just underlines what a fucking waste of everyone's time they are.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2323643/lee-wallace-rangers-celtic-michael-ohalloran-st-mirren-bounce-game

Simple solution - don't read the s#n...

Works for me.  

8)

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

Simple solution - don't read the s#n...

Works for me.  

8)

I don't.

I was hoping I could maybe get some more info about the game from somewhere like RangersMedia, but to no avail. I stumbled across The Sun's piece during that search.

I suppose there is the argument that the club should be keeping fans informed. There is nothing on the official site, nor their twitter. I get that the two clubs might wish to keep some of the information away from the public, but to provide nothing is a bit disappointing especially as the Rangers side of it is being reported in the red tops.

Maybe the information is freely available and I'm just being an idiot and missing it.

58 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I don't.

I was hoping I could maybe get some more info about the game from somewhere like RangersMedia, but to no avail. I stumbled across The Sun's piece during that search.

I suppose there is the argument that the club should be keeping fans informed. There is nothing on the official site, nor their twitter. I get that the two clubs might wish to keep some of the information away from the public, but to provide nothing is a bit disappointing especially as the Rangers side of it is being reported in the red tops.

Maybe the information is freely available and I'm just being an idiot and missing it.

It was just a bounce game at a training ground with both managers agreeing to no harsh tackes I was told it was to give Wallace a run out and Saints agreed as it would have been two weeks without a game. 

2 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

Yup, but it would still be nice to know. Who played, who scored, what the formation was etc.

Jack Ross interview on Buddie Vision said the day before the game it would be a good chance for players normally on the bench to get some game time injured players on the way back also the rest of the squad would train as normal. Rangers fan told me it was mostly their fringe players also that'smas much as I know.

Two postponed games have now been rescheduled.
At home to Dumbarton on Tuesday 27th March
Away to Dundee Utd on Tuesday 10th April.
Remaining fixtures now in order:
10/3 - Dunfermline (H)
17/3 - QotS (A)
24/3 - Falkirk (H)
27/3 - Dumbarton (H)
31/3 - ICT (A)
7/4 - Brechin (A)
10/4 - Dundee Utd (A)
14/4 - Livi (H)
21/4 - Morton (H)
28/4 - Falkirk (A)

Interesting line up. 3 of our next 4 games at home at this point is a huge advantage to have given our record this season, especially as the 3 trips north in 10 days is going to be pretty tough then a hard old run in.
Hopefully we'll take 9 or 10 points from our next 4 games and that will more or less see us over the line, you'd imagine.

That Falkirk game on the 24th March, clashes with under 21 fixtures. Who will be missing from your squad, if selected for the national team? I'm guessing we'll lose Hardie.

28 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

That Falkirk game on the 24th March, clashes with under 21 fixtures. Who will be missing from your squad, if selected for the national team? I'm guessing we'll lose Hardie.

Smith , Magennis and Morgan were all  selected last time , so if the same happens this time , the game will be postponed again !

19 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

I don't.

It was just a bounce match. I would be interested in details of who played/scored etc, but I'm not overly bothered about not knowing.

23 minutes ago, Soctty said:

It was just a bounce match. I would be interested in details of who played/scored etc, but I'm not overly bothered about not knowing.

You are right. I think my frustration comes from the papers picking it up and only reporting one side of it. Not that anyone should be surprised by that, but we should never stop complaining of the media bias.

Working today so didn't find out the score till about a minute ago - even a pessimist like me is finding it hard not to believe now! default_biggrin.png

Yeah. You'd imagine 70 points should be enough.

Livi would need to win 7/10 to reach that and United 10/13. Both teams could maybe do that but thats assuming we only win 3 more and draw 1 more game out the next 9.

Mortons last couple of results have ruled them out, can't believe Duffy prioritised the Celtic cup game instead of the Livi one, and some Ton fans saying at least Livi closed the gap on us after the game!

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Yeah. You'd imagine 70 points should be enough.

Livi would need to win 7/10 to reach that and United 10/13. Both teams could maybe do that but thats assuming we only win 3 more and draw 1 more game out the next 9.

Mortons last couple of results have ruled them out, can't believe Duffy prioritised the Celtic cup game instead of the Livi one, and some Ton fans saying at least Livi closed the gap on us after the game!

Sometimes stats aren't conclusive. We will still win this league/championship. 

I thought Flynn would be signed as a right mid to allow Magennis to move back inside but I think yesterday sort of threw a spanner in that. 

Flynn's work rate, running, ball retention, eye for a pass, tackling were a joy yesterday. Even his defensive headers at set pieces.  I don't have any issues with Danny Mullen being man of the match as he really needed it but for me Ryan Flynn was comfortably the best player on the park. 

That energy and genuine box to box threat he provides means he has to stay in the middle of the park and let Kyle stay wide.

18 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I thought Flynn would be signed as a right mid to allow Magennis to move back inside but I think yesterday sort of threw a spanner in that. 

Flynn's work rate, running, ball retention, eye for a pass, tackling were a joy yesterday. Even his defensive headers at set pieces.  I don't have any issues with Danny Mullen being man of the match as he really needed it but for me Ryan Flynn was comfortably the best player on the park. 

That energy and genuine box to box threat he provides means he has to stay in the middle of the park and let Kyle stay wide.

interesting on Flynn looking forward to watching the full 90min today as I could not make the game. 

Yeah thought Mullen had a good game but Flynn was just about MOM tbh, although there wasn't anyone who didn't have a decent game yesterday, best we've played in a while and were worthy winners.

Flynn's work rate was superb yesterday but its nice to have options and bringing on Baird, Hippolyte, McShane plus the guys that can't even get game time is a real plus....