djchapsticks

The shinier, improved St. Mirren FC 2017/18 Thread

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Because you're miserable behind the goal with a shitey view. :lol:

:lol:

But the adversity would surely spur us on to even higher levels of boisterousness ;)

Douglas McNeil saying a striker and a centre-half will be announced today. Guessing Stewart and Davis. 

He also says Stelios has been offered a deal.

Was half right! Stewart and Gregor Buchanan from Dumbarton.

Don't know anything about either player but trust Jack and James Fowlers judgement  on players we've previously recruited. 

Edited by glenburn bud
Spell check

Christ your season ticket prices aren't half steep. I suppose if a few thousand are willing to pay them then your quid in mind you.

Favourite memory of Gregor Buchanan is him giving it big licks to the Cowshed after Dunfermline equalised against us, only for us to run up the park and him to lose his man for the header to put us 2-1 up :lol: 

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

:lol:

Why would a couple of hundred fans be more or less boisterous in the West Stand?

Nothing personal guys but when we give you a wee space at the end of the West Stand it means we also give you half the catering and toilet facilities. If you agree to bring sandwiches and a poly bag to piss in and not use our facilities we may let you in.

35 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Nothing personal guys but when we give you a wee space at the end of the West Stand it means we also give you half the catering and toilet facilities. If you agree to bring sandwiches and a poly bag to piss in and not use our facilities we may let you in.

Id rather do that than sit behind the goals, to be honest. 

14 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Signing two players with the same name from the same club, that's not at all confusing.

Just need to refer back to their previous club to sort it ou... oh, fuckit.

That's fucking sickening. f**k you Jack Ross, f**k you right in the fucking face.

I'm assuming you quite liked this guy?

8 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

I'm assuming you quite liked this guy?

Be lucky to find a Sons fan who didn't love him. Really can't grudge him his move but it's a fair kick in the bollocks for us.

Excellent stuff, I really hope both signings work out well for St Mirren. I've been a huge fan of Gregor Buchanan's since he emerged at Airdrieonians - he's tall, athletic, a good organiser and, fundamentally, a solid defender. I hope his second turn as a full-time footballer works out better than his first with Dunfermline Athletic (and it should be noted that he was head and shoulders above every other Pars player in 2014/15).

As for Ross Stewart, he turned in the best opposition performance I'd seen last season when Albion Rovers bodied Stenhousemuir 3-0 at Ochilview. He's raw as heck but there's a tonne of potential there. He's got good feet and can work well inside and outside the box.

I always like to see part-time players do well when they move on to bigger clubs and I hope Buchanan and Stewart have success at St Mirren.

Saints after Rory Loy and A.N. Other from the Premiership

Gavin Reilly

2 hours ago, Scosha said:

Favourite memory of Gregor Buchanan is him giving it big licks to the Cowshed after Dunfermline equalised against us, only for us to run up the park and him to lose his man for the header to put us 2-1 up :lol: 

Conor Pepper scored IIRC? The smallest player on the park! 

Edited by mcintyre_gmfc

6 minutes ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

Conor Pepper scored IIRC? The smallest player on the park! 

Aye, assisted by Andy Barrowman :lol: 

43 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Saints after Rory Loy and A.N. Other from the Premiership

Reveal hidden contents

Gavin Reilly

You following Div on twitter ....:rolleyes:

I wish Gregor Buchanan all the best in his move to St. Mirren.

I'd hoped we would manage to keep ahold of him, but he was excellent for us last season overall and I don't begrudge it when a player like him makes the step up.

He's athletic, strong, pretty quick for a centre half and defying his age, he's very adept organisationally and positionally. I don't doubt he'll be a real asset to what's becoming a really decent sounding squad Jack Ross is building with you guys.