The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Calm down. I'd be surprised if its who you think. 

Think what has been written a player that will have some of the support up in arms , SPL experience the one I'm thinking of is being shown the door by an angry or disappointed manager , however you want to look at it. All the bits and bobs clearly fit together. 

Think what has been written a player that will have some of the support up in arms , SPL experience the one I'm thinking of is being shown the door by an angry or disappointed manager , however you want to look at it. All the bits and bobs clearly fit together. 

Would be a cracking signing in footballing terms but not sure we need someone who could spoil the harmony in the dressing room.

2 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

Would be a cracking signing in footballing terms but not sure we need someone who could spoil the harmony in the dressing room.

If we're talking Stokes here, then JR is really backing himself in the man-management stakes.

Just got to hope he's right!

38 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

You have a good habit of reading forums, trying to put two and two together and getting 43459783659823475 :P

6 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

You could get on the phone in your capacity and ask but that number looks odd Stu :P

Don't need to. I can tell you for certain he isn't signing for St Cuthbert Wanderers.

No chance we are signing Stokes. Negotiations have been ongoing for a while. Stokes' latest blowout has been recent. Stokes does not fit the profile that Jack likes. And besides all that he would cost too much just now and isn't a player for next season.

16 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

No chance we are signing Stokes. Negotiations have been ongoing for a while. Stokes' latest blowout has been recent. Stokes does not fit the profile that Jack likes. And besides all that he would cost too much just now and isn't a player for next season.

Out with his baggage why not I would say he is exactly the kind of player who would be good. Isma is also being shown the door. 

My initial opinion back at the start of the window was that we'd go for Lee Erwin. I still believe it'll be someone in that mould. Young enough, good enough but not really done it at his current club. 

Ill go on record and say there's no chance we'll sign Anthony Stokes. 

40 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Out with his baggage why not I would say he is exactly the kind of player who would be good. Isma is also being shown the door. 

Do you really think he wants to come from the Premiership to the Championship to be fourth choice on the bench? Or he will be around next season? Or he'll stay out of trouble? Or he'll accept the drop in wages? Or he'll be good for the dressing room? Or he is focused on his job? My answers to these questions are NO to all of them.

Edited by NorthBank

25 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Do you really think he wants to come from the Premiership to the Championship to be fourth choice on the bench? Or he will be around next season? Or he'll stay out of trouble? Or he'll accept the drop in wages? Or he'll be good for the dressing room? Or he is focused on his job? My answers to these questions are NO to all of them.

No idea can only go on hints posted and the Gordon Scott interview. On that you are only going to get speculation ( hey Presto) unless you are in the know which I am not but clearly others are.