djchapsticks

The shinier, improved St. Mirren FC 2017/18 Thread

Not sure if Flynn is going to sign or not, or (if he does) whether he'll be any good, but those highlights are absolutely rank. No idea where Falkirk and QoS were in 2010 (presumably in the 1st) but I've seen better play from the Sunday leagues.

2 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Have you watched the interviews ? Second player is one Jack wants for the premiership . Div also saying 2 players plus Hill on loan in Twitter. 

I have. Jack has said that there's 2 signings he wants with one eye on next season, potentially with the ability to make the step up should we need to. Presumably Flynn is the first of these.

He also mentions that there's 2 midfielders expected in on Monday. Hill is a midfielder. In my opinion, there's absolutely no chance that he's bringing in 2 midfielders plus another in the form of Hill when he's lost 3 forwards and a centre half (incidentally that he didn't actually want to leave...it looks like Buchanan has requested a release due to lack of game time rather than the club telling him to leave)

I'm not saying there's not another player that Jack wants to bring in with an eye on next season in this window. I fully expect that to be the case. All I'm saying is that I don't expect both of these players to arrive on Monday. If he's signing 2 midfield players on Monday, then it's highly probable that Mark Hill is one of them given he's a midfielder and it's no secret that he's coming on loan.

The other permanent signing will follow in due course, I'd imagine.

35 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I agree that Flynn would do really well for St Mirren. I liked him a lot in his spells with us. And will never forget him scoring our first ever goal in Europe.

Only question would be why is he returning to play at this level ? Is there an injury or something as I still think he could play at a better level.

My mate works beside one of his  Flynn's relatives and he told him that it was in Flynn's thoughts to come back to Scotland once his contract expired at Oldham, he wanted kids settled in school here and be closer to family.

He seems to be in and out the Oldham team this season, so may answer why its processed 6 month earlier. A cracking wee player on his day, will probably be mixed opinions within Falkirk fans and probably other previous clubs as is with many wide players. He seems to have a good engine in him, looks like he is knackered but manages to pull out a lung busting run, he has done a turn down south setting up and scoring a lot of high profile goals with Sheffield Utd. As for Falkirk its either his miss at Killie in the last game of the season, first goal in Europe or the display in the 5-1 win over QOS is what he will be remembered for

Sure I saw somewhere the two signings on Monday will be permanent deals. Suppose the lad from Celtic could be a transfer rather than a loan.

Not sure if Flynn is going to sign or not, or (if he does) whether he'll be any good, but those highlights are absolutely rank. No idea where Falkirk and QoS were in 2010 (presumably in the 1st) but I've seen better play from the Sunday leagues.

He is better as a N.10 than wide IMO

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Both Jack Ross and our chairman in interviews said our next two signing are with one eye on the premiership so would imagine that idea was sold to him , its also likely he is mate's with McGinn. I'm now wondering who the second player signing on Monday is as both players were mentioned in above interviews no names though. It' not Hill from Celtic he will be on loan. 

Only 2 on Monday and Hill is 1 of them.

2 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Who’s mark hill? Never heard of him

Celtic, came through their system got a three year deal with them in May. 

Edited by Demented Zebra

26 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

2 midfielders in on Monday, that's what Ross has said in a BBC interview.

Like I said, Flynn and Hill in on Monday.

15 minutes ago, McG said:

Like I said, Flynn and Hill in on Monday.

Sounds like it.

I'm not arguing about previous predictions, just giving Ross' words verbatim. That said, what a manager says and what a manager ultimately ends up doing are of course two different things.

Edited by Buddist Monk

Switched Sportsound off

Ive never heard such supercilious and patronising comments in my life 

b*****ds 

15 minutes ago, Young gun said:

Switched Sportsound off

Ive never heard such supercilious and patronising comments in my life 

b*****ds 

What was being said mate?

It’s their attitude to smaller teams that scunnered me

they don’t even know the players

I believe the black and white ribbons are on and that's the open top bus in the distance...

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Was it Chick Young?

Willie Miller was at the game for Sportsound.