djchapsticks

The shinier, improved St. Mirren FC 2017/18 Thread

3 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

I really don't think so. If he wanted to move to a team in the top flight he could have taken on Dundee - and apparently that's the team he supports.

With the caveat that we have all been wrong predicting the premature demise of St Johnstone, they are in no way a step up from us. Even the most charitable would consider it a sideways move.

True, in terms of achievements theres been nothing between the two clubs in the past decade

An obviously failed bid as Paisley is not and never will be a city: time to rename their ridiculous shoebox of a ground again.

_90011794_tonyf.jpg.2b756211ad0f1ce259f207069ac5d7fb.jpg

An obviously failed bid as Paisley is not and never will be a city: time to rename their ridiculous shoebox of a ground again.

The two year deal was due to end this month anyway so we would have been dropping the 2021 bit regardless, swing and a miss. Oh and we were paid for the privilege, shrewd !

The two year deal was due to end, because Paisley's gormless bid was due to fail.

The Sir Ricki Lamie Arena has a nice ring to it.

_93194113_13206619.jpg

The Chic Young Heroin Bowl

Chic Young’s Faux support of all things black and white on the west coast was outed some time ago. He’s a supporter of a club that folded and now spends his days wandering aimlessly hoping that another club will welcome him in. Unfortunately, new Rangers has still got a tiff with the BBC going, but no one knows what it’s really about anymore as Celtic are now accusing the same investigative journo a Rangers fan.

I think Chico will end up being the celeb fan of a junior side. May even be Falkirk if they keep their demise on track.

1 hour ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Coventry Saint was always going to be on a winner today. As this is awarded to a city “coming out of the Shadows”, how much longer with they be stuck there in Paisley, with Hank, Cliff and co...

Some of my former colleagues were PRing the Coventry bid. I actually had a three way loyalty split... I'm married to a Mackem and live five minutes north of Sunderland. 

I definitely wanted Paisley to win, though. Ah well. I'll settle for promotion instead.

Edited by Coventry Saint

27 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Some of my former colleagues were PRing the Coventry bid. I actually had a three way loyalty split... I'm married to a Mackem and live five minutes north of Sunderland. 

I definitely wanted Paisley to win, though. Ah well. I'll settle for promotion instead.

You were definately a right b*****d in a previous life!

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

Possibly.

Can't even imagine what you must have done.

Not nearly enough to be linked to Coventry, Sunderland and Paisley! At least the Luftwaffe did Coventry a favour and flattened it

2 minutes ago, Finch road said:

Not nearly enough to be linked to Coventry, Sunderland and Paisley! At least the Luftwaffe did Coventry a favour and flattened it

It's a shithole because it was flattened. It was a lot like York before it was bombed. 

Also: you are from Greenock, right? Just checking.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

True, in terms of achievements theres been nothing between the two clubs in the past decade

I understand why any St Johnstone fan would defend their club, as you are at an absolute zenith in terms of your club's history. There is realistically no possible way the club can move forward though. Perhaps the same could be said of St Mirren if we had had such a staggering level of success in relation to the resources available.

imo, anyone taking over after Wright will be managing over a decline though - with the already proffered caveat that people have been predicting the demise of the Perth club for nigh on a decade now.

I understand why any St Johnstone fan would defend their club, as you are at an absolute zenith in terms of your club's history. There is realistically no possible way the club can move forward though. Perhaps the same could be said of St Mirren if we had had such a staggering level of success in relation to the resources available.
imo, anyone taking over after Wright will be managing over a decline though - with the already proffered caveat that people have been predicting the demise of the Perth club for nigh on a decade now.

You sound like a bitter rangers fan.

Super js should be applauded for their recent success, shows what a well run club can achieve on modest resource - something which we should definitely be aspiring to

8 minutes ago, geo87 said:

You sound like a bitter rangers fan.

Super js should be applauded for their recent success, shows what a well run club can achieve on modest resource - something which we should definitely be aspiring to

And you sound like a fucking idiot. I have in no way said a negative about St Johnsone, if anything I have reflected on their staggering level of success.

Tell you what, I'll chalk this down to a pre-coffee morning reply rather than an inability to read.

Edit: Wait? You upvoted that comment? I really don't understand, you slam it then upvote it. Weird.

Edited by Buddist Monk

Turns out the soapdogers have been avoiding paying the minimum wage, times are tough in Greenock. Not every town in Scotland can reach the heights of City Of Culture finalists, Paisley.

5 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Turns out the soapdogers have been avoiding paying the minimum wage, times are tough in Greenock. Not every town in Scotland can reach the heights of City Of Culture finalists, Paisley.

13 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Oh great another open top bus parade in Greenock.

Got to celebrate the little things in life.

Two failed comebacks to go with your failed city status and failed culture bid.